Steer Skid Loader Bucking

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
Im sure many of you have been in a steer skid that bucks . Sometimes you have to just stop it to get it to settle down .
Just curious befor i dig into mine which is a New Holland 2002 LS 180 with low hours - what make them do that .

I figured its in the linkage from the manual hand controls and in the foot pedals . Dint think it could be a pump problem since its running so well .

Any advice ?

Is this when turning on pavement or all the time? If it's all the time some teeth could be missing on the drive gears

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pavement makes it worse but you dont have to be turning .
Its not all the time but it is getting closer to all the time - very gradually getting worse - like over years and years .
Its my yard only loader so if i drive it and keep it slow its not a problem but im doing alot of rock work around the house and i think its time to fix it .
Loader mechanic told me it was linkage . Seems like about half the steer skids have this problem - our monster Thompson is so smooth - and slow .
The New Holland seems quick anyhow to me and operating is quickly makes it worse . The Thompson never bucks .

Sounds like what my pick up does. Have to break the oscillation by pushing in the clutch and then starting out more smoothly.

I couldn't find any slop in the system, had a mechanic check through it and he couldn't find anything. I will be interested to see if you find any specific issues on your machine.

Werid mine does it when i run it hard and fast - course i can wheelie it and load it into a 5 ton truck so maybe thats the problem :D
That would be terrible at low RPMs i dont see how youd be able to get past real tight places .

Anyhow we built the cylinders and dug into it -
Its Loose Linkage just like the loader mechanic told me - no parts even - just tighten it up - we will see tomorrow how she goes .

treew1.jpg

Wow i have not posted a pic here in a long long long long time - ill send yall a few of some more recent work .
On another thread - or under pics or something .
I dont recall visiting the Tree House in a long time .

Hey guys - its loose linkage -
If you have this problem tighten all the linkages up and replace ends that are to worn .
Amazing difference .

Back