Old blower won't rev up

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
A friend asked me to look at an old blower for him, BG something or other Stihl.
Said it would start but won't take the gas...

The spark arrestor was crammed, I took off the muffler and it appears the piston is scored and a ring chipped.
There maybe a slight leak around the top of the fuel hoses where they come out of the top of the tank (green hoses)
The blower was filthy, looked like concrete dust and oil caked all over it, cylinder fins were caked in crap.
He said he put new gas in it but it looked a bit cloudy to me.

So I cleaned the spark arrestor, set the jets to factory spec (which they appeared to be at anyway) he had already cleaned the air filter, I checked the spark plug, gap and colour ok.

Blower will start ( took a bit of time to warm up, it was like 2*c that day), will idle, but will not throttle up.
I reckon either the condition of the piston and/or a compromised fuel line...

Whaddya think?

New top end time.. It won't run even close to right until after a long warm up... Carb probably shot as well. Needs a rebuld, diaphram in the bard won't pump fuel with out proper compression and vacuum, the diaphragm in the carb is probably hard as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I checked the fuel filter Stig, thanks

I reckon you are right guys, that was the other thing I said to him was about the carb diaphragm being stuffed, yup, rebuild or new blower.
Thanks for the input

Back