Large elm dismantle in Oslo, Norway.

biggun

Monkey for Hire
We were called to remove a large Elm in the city centre of Oslo last week.

The tree had lost a limb the week earlier and had written off a rather expensive Audi, totalled it..!

The rear stem which failed was not looking the best and white rot at the failure point. We had rig the tree due to location and a crane was decided against due to the location, Tram lines, foot fall as it would have taken the space up needed for the trucks and chipper.

Timber was shifted with the Avant. We had a few gopro's on site and the boss had recently splashed out on a rather luxurious drone. So we snapped a bit of footage with that.

Another climber, Aaron climbed this one, myself and two others ran the ground. We managed to get some good footage.

Anyway, enough waffle.

Watch in HD and I hope you enjoy... I had a blinding hangover yesterday and trying to stitch the footage together didn't help too much either. :|:

Any questions feel free to ask.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wnRgbm2Op_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks candoarms,

Yup Butch, I hear ya! We did ask why no crane but they had 2 days for 3 men's worth of money on the job and 4 of us cracked it out in 1 day. We got a couple of hours overtime in as well.

We got another one to do on thursday with DED. The boss will be there so we are gonna try and get the whole job filmed with a drone. I am not sure how much it costs but the files are in 4k.

My Macbook nearly shat a lump of RAM trying to process the vid... ;)

10-4 on the rope work....very smoothly done...cool to see.

Drone video is beyond cool...good stuff there.

At 4:40 the climber became part of the rigging!! Glad that worked out OK.

Good on you for showing that at 4:40
Got lucky on that one!!shat can get ugly quick!!
You guys look a well oil machine,well done:thumbup:

Smooth rope work. What lowering device did you use? Great job on the vid:)

Thanks for the comments.

The lowering device was an old Hobbs. Not sure how well it came out in the vid but most of the stuff roadside had to be pretensioned to keep it from hitting the wires for trams.

Cheers

Cheers Ian.

Yeah it was an enjoyable job, one of the guys is back there tomorrow to grind out the stump.

Wow Aaron... You know what you're about mate. Do you SRT most of your removal work?

Aaron was the climber, I was on the ropes. It was one of his first large dismantles on SRT. He wanted to have a proper go on the BDB.

Cheers Gerry.

Back