Electric climbing top-handle saws...

SouthSoundTree-

TreeHouser
What is the current state of production models?

I have been having a complaining left shoulder. Not having to pull start my saw a ton of times in a tree would help. I don't idle my saw for long periods. I like it turned off between cutting.
While one handing to guide the piece, I will frequently flip off the saw as a piece is about to come free, finishing it with the momentum of the piece, a slight pull, or handsaw.

Pellenc as far as I've researched. Got to try it out in January. I think it's a smart purchase and would be very happy to support the ground work the have done. Campagnolo looks good and will try that this year. Makita looks the most affordable. Good product to but the wt is still in the hand.

Our sponsor TreeStuff sells the Husqvarna T536XP in my opinion its a pro saw compared to what Stihl has to offer for battery saws.
We have a thread here on the 536. Videos and all even one video it blowing away a MS150

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
right.

the filled 150t weighs 7 pounds. Still starting with the pull cord a lot.

But it is a really easy pull and doesn't take more than one most times.

As long as they start on the first pull or 2. I like the idea of the battery saw doing aerial work.....no sputtering warmup, just pull the trigger.
Plus the 536 can make 2 cuts in the time the ms150 makes 1.

If you compare two saws like this it say's very little when you look after facts.
There is a lot we don't know and cant see....

I can make a video were my Partner 351 beat a 372. It won't say much either...

I thought the Dutchmen had a good video. Other then the 150 running a bit rich you can plainly see the Husqvarna battery saw out torqued the little gas saw. I've been around chainsaw speed cutting competitions for 40 years and can see the 150 is sharp and pulling chips, also better to be a bit rich then be lean.
I don't think a Mastermind Randy MS150 would even catch up.
Electric saws do have superior torque.......

I know that a 439 perform better than 536 in wood once it is started and run.
Pellenc also outperformed 536.
150C-E also outperformed the 536.
020Big outperformed all of them.

When we got the saw I called up to Husqvarna and wondered if I got the right stuff to test. They said yes but sent new batteries by taxi from factory. Just in case. These didn't work as they were not programmed but in the morning the project manager was here with two spanking new fully loaded battery's and tested saw too so I am pretty sure it ran as it should. I got to meet yet another very nice knowledgeable Husqvarna man.

I'd love to go back to Sweden and take a tour through the 400 year old Husqvarna factory.
I'll come and visit you too Magnus. Are you very far from the factory?

What is the current state of production models?

I have been having a complaining left shoulder. Not having to pull start my saw a ton of times in a tree would help. I don't idle my saw for long periods. I like it turned off between cutting.
While one handing to guide the piece, I will frequently flip off the saw as a piece is about to come free, finishing it with the momentum of the piece, a slight pull, or handsaw.

I was looking at the husky just the other day. Its expensive, with the 2 batteries and charger, but it seemed plenty powerful enough for smaller removals and pruning. The quietness appeals to me. Theres plenty jobs where Id prefer to be a little less conspicuous.

I've had the Husky for about a yr? I don't use it as much as I thought after my neck fusion, but do use it often. That being said, I am happy with its performance considering it is a first generation Batt op saw. Have two batteries as continuos run time is about 40-45 min. Don't make a slip up, as I understand it, chainsaw protective clothing is useless against an elec motor.

If you use normal chainsaw pants approved up to 21m/sek the chain speed, you'll be just as well actually even better off than with a petrol saw as chain speed is limited to 20m/sek on battery saws.
Not gas saws were you can get bigger rims and high rpm out of and close to 25m/sek pretty easy.

Back