Electric climbing top-handle saws...

That's what I've heard also. But you would have to be pulling the trigger for the torque to be there. I'm guessing most cuts to the body or protective clothing are not from a saw with the throttle stuck wide open

Too much torque is BS! Good argument to push product but not correct from safety aspect.

It has to do with rpm's and layers on nylon string. It gets packed in saw regardless of torque.

Pants are tested with 12hp saw and should handle at least 21m/sek

Just bought a second Husky batt top handle for the chipper and for back up. Fantastic saw for prunning work with almost all cuts 4 inches and smaller. Two of the highest capacity batts should keep a person running continuously if one is on charger after use. Love not having the fumes when trimming near my body a lot (big hedges etc..)

Right now I run it a lot out of personal preference. When I get specific requests for low noise, specific quiet hours, days etc., I am going to have a 'quiet saw fee.' I will specifically and seperatly pay for all my batt saw components in a year or so, I believe.

It is not a be all, end all tool. It has some sort of motor/wireing protection that has you have to let off the trigger if chain gets too grabby and stops in a cut. This happens much more frequently in a bigger cut like 8 or 10 inches etc.. Also this is a little 'softer' or more fragile tool than I would prefer. For example the bar clamp is made of plastic with some metal inserts in the right places. Ok, so I can't just let it bounce off trunk wood like my old all metal saws.

I have been using it for a month now and can't see being without one in the future.

I was told the torque is the killer on the chaps. I have yet to test it, as I won't waste a set of chaps that I've bought.
My stihl 160 is the chipper saw and a definite keeper. I wish the 200 was available then. Either way, I am happy with both that I've purchased. They are not a petrol replacement as of yet, but a great tool to have in the box.

Chaps I don't know anything about except the ones Oregon sell here and they are same as pants. I use these and know torq is no matter.
If you ever had a saw with high torq in your hands you should see it too. Fiber is pulled from pants and tangle in clutch cover causing a pretty fast halt.
Height of tooth, number of teeth/rpm and the stored power in weight of engine (crank, flywheel, clutch) I think is the factors that tell if it is successful in stopping or not.

Didn't notice the saw configuration but Milwaukee is coming out with an M18 Fuel version chainsaw. The video of it cutting through a 12+/- log looked impressive for a battery saw. The batts are getting a big boost in power in July too.

Back