Woodworking

A bowl I made for my future daughter inlaw. She likes handmade stuff. My son proposed to her under the big star in Roanoke so it will have sentimental value to her. I did my best, tried anyway.

IMG_0667.jpg
IMG_0672.jpg

ETA: pix went sideways, sorry...

Stacked and segmented bowls are stupid simple. If not I couldn't do'em. Got my basket weaving merit badge too. I have a lot of walnut to butcher on. IMG_0634.jpg

ETA: posting a pic should be as easy... heh

It's just goofy chit, isn't like real wood working. Old wore out scrollsaw and a bushel of blades and bandaids and you're good to go.

These baskets aren't woven Jay. The whole basket is cut from a single board then assembled. Kinda Bob proof.

IMG_0636.jpg
IMG_0640.jpg

Look at the pictures of the two pine baskets Jay, at the top you can see I lap jointed two pieces of wood at the ends so the grain of the wood I added runs perpendicular to the grain of the main board. Those "weavers" are only 1/16" thick, the end grain wouldn't even hold together long enough to be cut.

8f92af3f8317157b68513b285fb3cb8e.jpg

So I've fallen in love with woodworking. Been buying tools and scored a few for free. Got a drill press and this radial arm saw for free. It's old but it's hardly used and it's when Craftsman was pro-ish grade.
Made the kids this shooting bench and have taken up making things in the evenings.
566baa88a28d16f5375642c360918c71.jpg
a7eedb55df89e3acf9179f02c2ee7e16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need make one of those as well. I found a perfect 200 yard spot on my hill I need to set one in... little shady spot not far from the driveway and my lower pasture gate road. Nice job Chris.

Back