Woodworking

New set of knives about 2 months ago hit a nail. Thankfully only one knife took the hit. I was having some issues with the cut being slow because the knife was set shallow. I though I'm smart and made a larger cut. Yeah, now I have to figure out how to drop the feed wheels.

Some oak out of the kiln.

20190902_132714.jpg

Some oak I milled and kiln dried. 16" wide over 4' long planed and sanded to 2" thick. One edge straight to go against the wall. Going to a hair salon in Paris.

20190918_143918.jpg

First assembly out of cherry logs I cut about a year ago. All scraps will go in the stove and the planner shavings are spread in flower beds so nothing's lost. logs.jpg cherry.jpg 20190902_174753.jpg

A 20+" wide slab of butternut, flattening for a customer, and working out the details of the router sled.

20190924_131831.jpg

Edit. And some walnut for me.

20190924_150154.jpg

My friend said that, unlike most conventional router sleds, he had much better luck going with the grain.

He's a turner and professional carpenter, having built his old house and new house, so he's not green.

I've seen some of them work that way Sean, I probably will try it out.

Some of my kiln dried oak, 19"+, 5', 3' flattened and rough sanded, going to be a coffee and end table. I hope these sales are going to ramp up for the off season.

IMG_20190926_152019_01.jpg

IMG_20190926_165433_01.jpg

GF was gone to her parents so I sanded a walnut board that I filled the cracks in with resin, and had a drink. Liqour store is right next door, so that's a plus.

20190929_141604.jpg

Seeing your pics helps me keep that make-something-with-it inspiration.

Making progress on shop space and covered milling space, little by little, with an occasional leap.

Nice, Sean! I have a lot of shop time, weekends are a bust work wise, at my GF's place. I wish I could set up a small shop at her place, she has a great property that could do serious work.

I'm not much of a woodworker but do have a table & bandsaw among other woodworking tools in the shop.

I do a little trapping on the side in the fall & winter and was asked to build some Martin boxes to catch Pine Martin.

How they work is, you lift the lid and place your bait in the top. Then you set you #120 conibear trap in the bottom...then wait.

Think I made around 52 of them a few years back before flying up to Thunder Bay then driving a couple hours in the bush north of Lake Superior.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back