Woodworking

1559877418991391986846.jpg
1559877521228-1144908461.jpg

Peter, what are you doing for legs?

My friend made this base out of welded, flat-bar stock, and rattle can paint.
Ezpz.

Needs some sanding.

Nice! I've welded up some legs and cut pipe legs for some people. My area is tough to sell live edge. I have a hard time selling boards. Finished furniture is going to be next to impossible. I've messaged local woodworkers who make live edge furniture, but have not sold one board to them, they boast how awesome they are, and my boards are crap, etc.etc

They all closed up shop since.

Now meth. If I cooked meth I'd do well. :(

il_570xN.1325534458_102q.jpg

Nice! I've welded up some legs and cut pipe legs for some people. My area is tough to sell live edge. I have a hard time selling boards.

Brandtford is not the area to sell your stuff. You need to go to a city, and sell through a gallery, or custom-direct, IMO.

You are set up to make some good dough, if you can find the market/ develop the market for your products.

It all takes time.

I'm don't want to mill any more until I have covered drying space, which I may start to work out this weekend.

Several thin layers, one on top of the other after each has dried. The first has to be very thin, done with a thinned epoxy, brushed deep into the cracks and crevices.

I have. Pricey stuff for us Canadians.

Thanks B. I tried that on another cookie. Worse results, but the walnut was done with ecopoxy, first time I tired it.

I have. Pricey stuff for us Canadians.

Thanks B. I tried that on another cookie. Worse results, but the walnut was done with ecopoxy, first time I tired it.

Bummer. Worked well on some maple rounds I made into side tables, about a million years ago. Wasn't whatever ecopoxy might be...'twas plain old verathane.

I think my problem is the epoxy is expensive up here.
The tutorials say to build up barriers around the piece and flood coat the surface, then heat gun to pop bubbles for an hour after the pour. But $124 CAD for 1.5L of epoxy mix.....

That sure is spendy, Peter.

Been some many years since I had need to buy any here in the USA...maybe it's that costly here too, now.

Raj you can use a heat gun or one of those little propane torches to get the bubbles out of the epoxy. I also built a board flattening jig. Recently bought a 2 1/4 hp porter-cable router and a 2 inch spoilboard bit. I built the gantry from plywood. Am building a table from some wood I got from Stephen. Just put the 3rd coat of finish on the top this afternoon.

Back