Woodworking

Well, I'm with Robert on this one, Justin. But I could see having a dense rubber mat cut to fit to throw on there for the odd hauling job :).

Cool. I have a small planer, 12" I think. Saved my ass earlier this year on matching up some hardwood floors for my old house.

That milling seems like it's working out really well for you.

I've always woodworked, and always wanted a sawmill. Live edge sales are ok, low, but ok, I figure having the boards dressed will increase sales. The boards I had under 12" that fit my old planer (yellow thing in the background) sold fast, and I always wanted a bigger planer for myself anyway....

$500 (cad) I don't think I could go wrong. (Bad bearing noise now, I'll figure it out tomorrow)

Planer had a noisey cutter head bearing. Shot of grease between the sheild did the trick. Found a nail in some sugar maple I milled a while ago. This piece is 14 or so inches wide. Gearing up for live edge mantles. Next is the work on the kiln.

20181123_124940.jpg

http://www.ecopoxy.com/

Pete, from what little I’ve read autobody resin isn’t self leveling and holds any bubbles that get in it during mixing. The Ecopoxy is supposed to be thinner, no bubbles, self leveling blah blah blah. The ecopeeps have their own color kit too.

Nice!

I think I'm going to dress up some mantles or shelves. I was thinking 7ft by 14". Varied thickness. That sould be decent size?

Back