RCW 3001 at work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, and for the Elvis stuff guys, Thank you. ...thank you very much!

The gear ratio is not the overall mechanical advantage because it doesn't factor in the handle length. It takes nowhere near 250 lbs worth of effort from the user to dead lift a 1500lb load. Man that would be one crappy winch if it were true. Granted, its easier with 2 hands above 1200 but no big thing at all. No GRCS comparisons needed here....different product and price bracket. If you have questions I'm not hard to find either. Better that than posting damming verdicts without knowing the facts.

I didn't mean to offend you. I figured I was adding to the conversation and I am certainly fine with admitting where I am wrong(which you have pointed out and thank you for correcting me). I'm certainly not a shill for GRCS as I figure you are not a shill for Stein. I was just hoping to have some numbers so that people can understand how easy or hard it is to lift a branch of a certain weight. It apparently isn't that easy since we have to take in consideration the handle length.

Also, I know you don't want to compare the two but when I saw Stein was coming out with this device I was immediately curious to hear how different it would be rather than the GRCS. Maybe I'm the only one that thought that though. Having videos like yours helps a lot to see the differences. But, considering they are the only two devices that I know of that are designed for this sort of job I would think it's only logical to look at comparisons between them.

This should be perfect for my type of work. I was trained on tree removal using a GRCS, awesome tool. Even when I was starting I thought it was a bit much for the work we were doing. Before I was introduced to the GRCS we would use man power to lift tip tied limbs which worked great up to a certain weight of course. This product is right up my alley both in performance and in price. Big thanks to those who brought this to market.

I didn't mean to offend you. I figured I was adding to the conversation and I am certainly fine with admitting where I am wrong(which you have pointed out and thank you for correcting me). I'm certainly not a shill for GRCS as I figure you are not a shill for Stein. I was just hoping to have some numbers so that people can understand how easy or hard it is to lift a branch of a certain weight. It apparently isn't that easy since we have to take in consideration the handle length.

Also, I know you don't want to compare the two but when I saw Stein was coming out with this device I was immediately curious to hear how different it would be rather than the GRCS. Maybe I'm the only one that thought that though. Having videos like yours helps a lot to see the differences. But, considering they are the only two devices that I know of that are designed for this sort of job I would think it's only logical to look at comparisons between them.

You didn't offend me. Your approach just irritated me. It doesn't matter, I've irritated lots if people in the past too.

I'm not a big guy by any means. So if I say raising a 1500 load is no big thing, then it's no big thing. At least, for people who do tree work everyday.

The most important thing is to always tend the slack on the bollard. Then you're always safe regardless of the winch. If you do realize you've bitten off more than you can lift, and lowering down at that point is not an option, at that point you can reverse the winch so the rigging line assumes the load, then use the lifting eye on top of the winch bracket with a pulley to set the winch line as a 2:1. So you get a 3000lb lift to get you out of trouble. No hard feelings.

More for this week. short vid this time. Use HD

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y9lJci2khwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Were taking out this white oak today. The RCW would be perfect for the job! We will have to go the old fashioned route of balance swinging the limbs over the rooves and wires. Life goes on

Attachments

• ok.jpg
    ok.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 59
Love the slow motion. It really lets you see the dynamics of what goes on with the rigging. Great choice in music also

The video was great until that particular Coldplay song. That song was right out of the soundtrack of a heartbreaking relationship in my early 20's. Amazing how songs can take you to good and bad places in your memory.

Back