Search for a new grinder

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today we tried a Rayco RG40. Wow, that machine was heads and shoulders above the Bandit and Morbark! I liked just about everything about it, including the backfill blade..... Which I thought would not be very useful. I also realized liked the way the controls swing out and will operate at any spot along the turning radius of the swing arm. Vermeer has a big job ahead of it to beat out the RG40.

No pics from the demo, but this is what I'm talking about.....
http://www.raycomfg.com/rg40-super-jr.html

Once again an impressive demo.... And it looks like the Vermeer 362 is going to be our next grinder. Same engine as the Rayco and pretty much the same performance. Rayco had some nicer options with the blade and the swing out controls but Vermeer came in with a very good price, weighed 500 lbs less, and has the best service around here. I guess this brings our search to an end. Now we just have to wait 30 days for our new grinder to get here.

Sold the grinding for the trees we took down today, €850 (900 US) it'll take one day. I don't think that's bad money for twiddling a few levers.
Congrats Eric.

Looks like a great machine Eric.
I always had top notch service with Vermeer for over a dozen years.
Best effort they did was the time I tipped my 252 over on its side and broke the carburetor housing while out on a long road trip.
On the spot I called my dealer in the city and he found there wasn't a carb in stock in all of Canada so he called the factory in Iowa.........I had the carb in my hands the next day , 600 miles north of the US border and the shipping charge was only $508)

Thanks guys! I'm super excited. It's been fun shopping but I'm ready to be done with it and get to making money with it.
I really think the thing that pushed it in Vermeers favor is the service. They have gone above and beyond for us more than once. The salesman really went to bad for us with the entire chipper engine replacement and I know he'd do it again.

Congrats on the new machine!

Vermeer has a shop a 5 minute walk from my house, and yes, their service is great...but don't seem to need it very often with the quality of their machines! 8)

I've got a month or better of typing before my grinder is in, so that give me lots of typing time.

Back