SPLICING TO RAISE MONEY!!

rangerdanger

TreeHouser
Alright guys, heres the deal. Last week, the family of some very close friends of mine lost everything in an electrical house fire. Everyone made it out ok, but they lost every material possession they owned. All it, gone in a matter of hours. They have insurance, but its going to take a few months at the very least before they see a dime of that money. So, in the mean time, I'm doing a fund raising campaign with the only thing I could think: splicing.

For the next four weeks, any and all proceeds from splicing orders placed with me goes too them. And thanks to the generous guys over at Tree Stuff(hats off too you Nick Bonner!!), Tree Stuff will be donating a lot of the material! So every dime you spend will now go to the family.

So, get your splicing orders in now! You'll be getting those spliced goods you need while contributing to a great cause and a family in need. Its a win-win for everybody!

I'll be placing the first order for material this Monday, and every Monday there after for the next four weeks. So if you want in on this first order, let me know before tomorrow! You can PM me on here, or I'm sure I'm friends with some of you on FB as well if you want to talk via that route. Either way, lets band together and help some great people in this difficult time.

Remember to spread the word, lets raise as much money as possible!

FYI, if you can't think of anything climbing related you might need, I also splice up some sweet custom dog leashes.

Noble, labor intensive effort. Incredible on your part.

I have spliced stuff I want and will not do for myself (too lazy), so sure. I will think up an initial list. Tell me if any of it is too much of a pain or doesn't fit your program.

One thing for sure is Bonner had shown a pole saw cover he made up one time that had a bit of a lanyard on it. You could clip it close to your harness or let it trail a little behind you as you go through a canopy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I vaguely remember what you're talking about, but I'm sure with a photo or two I can make one up pretty similar!

Huh, I cannot find it. Went back through all the splicing threads since I joined. Tried searching 'pole saw lanyard'. I remember seeing it pictured. Does anyone have any ideas for finding that post/picture? (It showed a weaver type leather cover and a rope lanyard that could extend out a couple of feet to trail a pole saw straight or be clipped up close to the climber.)

That was the webbing belt type? It was a better than average design and suprised it isn't being copied.
But I bet most won't use a scabbard ever anyways.
Mine is always with and lanyard. to many close calls to dismiss it.

Didn't remember webbing Thomas. Went and tried to search TB and couldn't find it in Nick B posts there either. I am suprised it isn't in production too. I hate pole saw blades exposed and dragging against my ropes or precariously hanging over a limb I will be going to.

That's it, you're increadible Nick. Never thought to look in that thread.
Adrian, would you mind making up a couple of those? I can send payment or whatever but, hold up shipping till I have time to chase down other things I have wanted and never gotten made up.

Great idea Adrian! I'd be interested in what you do for a dog leash...(I'm friends with several dogs :/:).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's it, you're increadible Nick. Never thought to look in that thread.
Adrian, would you mind making up a couple of those? I can send payment or whatever but, hold up shipping till I have time to chase down other things I have wanted and never gotten made up.

I believe I can figure something out! I'll get back to you in a day or two on prices.

Back