Dodge Ram Laramie 1500

Where do you get the 1/2 or 1/4 from. The legal payload on the Navara is 1 ton.

Or are you just comparing the payload, ie it can carry half of what the bigger trucks can?

No, the frontier is a rebadged navara, the Titan is a bit bigger. You can get the titan as an import, there are a couple round here owned by usaf personell.

Where do you get the 1/2 or 1/4 from. The legal payload on the Navara is 1 ton.

Or are you just comparing the payload, ie it can carry half of what the bigger trucks can?

We're speaking 3 different languages here. Maybe some of the Americans can chip in here as they may call them something else that we in Canada call them.
I had a heavy suspension Ford F150 1/2 ton with 7 lug nut wheells that was actually classified as a 5/8 ton.
My Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4X4 is a 3/4 ton with 8 lug nut wheels and outboard bearings extra on the rear differential. Dry weight is 7,000 lbs. The Cummins 325 hp diesel engine weighs 1,100 lbs by itself.
Now this same pickup truck when badged a 3500 is classified as a 1 ton. Only difference from mine is 1 extra overload leaf spring on the rear.

Sorry, but with the amount of driving I do, mileage counts more.

I sure wish we could get the Toyota Hilux with the diesel in the US! I'd be pretty happy to give up my F150 for one of them!

It's like conversation I had with a firewood custy of mine. He has a Tesla. Me Ram 2500 with 5.9 cummins. We were talking and he was trying to tell me his car is superior to my truck. We had similar ratios in hp/lbs but I asked him if his Tesla can pull 14k pounds? No. I win. lol Nice guy tho.

Says the man that rents muscle car convertibles when he visits California and drives all over it :lol:

All the money I save by driving my economic WV means I can afford to do that once in a while:)

Mick.
Almost did some impulsive spending the other day.
My wife and I were talking about buying the business a new truck this year as it may be our last new main vehicle for the business and recreation use and tax write off as my 2007 pickup has been paid off for years now.

I found this GMC 2500 3/4 ton with every bell and whistle and not a diesel as I want gas, seats 6 .
Heated leather seats, heated steering wheel the list is nuts, take a look at the interior ...........but as I came to my senses the 2007 will have to last for another year.
I'm buying a pontoon boat instead and do a little fishing and tubing with the family.

http://www.swanriverKeychev.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-GMC-Sierra_2500-SLT-Swan_River-MB/2432725473

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nice, the wife and I have agreed a swimming pool is this years splurge. I've upgraded the truck, chipper and grinder this last 18 months so maybe something for her is in order.

Yeah I like that 40/20/40 split front bench seat too. Hard to find those in these higher end trucks. Everyone wants the bucket seats and full center console.
I have a family of 5 and there's room for my wife's grandma or one of the kids friends.
I hate to let this one go but I hear GM is introducing a new upgraded 2016 2500 HD. Will be out this summer.
Dealers here still have brand new 2014's on their lots, savings to be found if you look hard enough and it's all on the computer.
2 month wait if you order/ build your own.

Yep I'm going to miss that Cummins but that's the only good part of the truck. Light front end, weak transmission, screwy electrical.
Tired of standing in diesel at the pumps tracking it into the vehicle and house. Diesel here is well over a dollar a gallon over gas .
I don't justify owning one as I don't pull over 10,000 lbs.

That 6 liter GM V8 looks like a good gas engine plus I heard the Allison transmission can be ordered with it too.
GM rides better, quite interiors not like my windy dodge.
Could you imagine a 6.7 Cummins with a Allison transmission in a GM pickup?

Well the wife and I were in Angouleme (our biggest local town) and we talked over me getting a new truck.
It looks like for good reasons, business mostly, I'm going to be sensible and get one of these on lease/hire.
In France unlike the UK you cannot put a true 4 seater on your business expenses so I have to go for a king cab.
Here's a terrible picture the wrong way round from the last century of my first one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 39
Here's a better one with the vanity plate. I'd really arrived!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 37
Dont like the interior or seating position on those toyotas. Real shame. The Navara is the only one that really got the driving position / seating / cab space right in a pickup.

Back