Dodge Ram Laramie 1500

The Amarok?

I heard from a VW tech to avoid them like the plague as they are a 2L engine but running biturbos to get the power. Only a matter of time before something blows.

Just googled Vw Amarock looks more like a Honda Ridgeline The VW pickup I saw in Mexico now that I think of it looks more like a Toyota Tundra.
So there might be some truth in that Toyota/VW connection Mick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like a good second hand pick up, too much new is scary.
Muddy dogs and reversing into chippers/trailers till you feel a bump is more comfortable than thinking "that just cost me a grand" when you misjudge a turning into a tight gate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Those mogs look good but they're a lot of money for something that does a lot of jobs....not quite as good as tractor (which is very cheap)

I may be wrong about the Toyota/Vw link btw (after googling)

They used to be rebadged Toyotas, but not any more.
The new Amarok is all WV.
I looked at it some, but decided to stick with buying a newish 4 wheel drive transporter, like the one I have.

Can you guys get the Toyota Tundra or Nisson Titan over in Europe?
Lots of them running around here, comparable to our 1/2 ton pickups like the 1500 Ram Mick was looking at.
V-8 in my neighbors Titan.

No.
At least not where I live.
At gas being $7/gallon, I doubt they would sell well.

Here in northern Canada we've been paying around $1.50 a litre ($6 a gallon) for years didn't bother us for fuel economy.
Those Titans and Tundras can be ordered with smaller engines and a diesel too I believe.
Lot safer and better ride in a full size pickup truck . Me and my families lives are worth alot more then any extra fuel burned.
The new big pickups here now have up to 10 air bags equipped for collision protection.
.....oh and all that power and Cadillac ride.

I ride a motorcycle, Willard.
Fast!
So all that airbag safety stuff is wasted on me.

Yeah maybe you have better collision avoidence on a motorcycle. But raise a family and you come to realize pretty quick your kids safety is worth alot more then your own.

Can you guys get the Toyota Tundra or Nisson Titan over in Europe?
Lots of them running around here, comparable to our 1/2 ton pickups like the 1500 Ram Mick was looking at.
V-8 in my neighbors Titan.

I do like the look of the Titan.

I have the Nissan Navara pickup. I guess it would be pretty small stateside, but would it be considered as a 1/2 ton pickup?

Back