Thanks - Old Irish (Pat)

RegC

TreeHouser
Pat offered to send me a 50 inch Cannon Bar in a recent thread. To replace the stock Husqvarna that came with my 3120 from new.

Lots of people make suggestions or promises on the spur of the moment.....but then fail to deliver.

Anyway....it arrived yesterday as promised. What a man. He even took the time to add some custom writing as you can see !

He wouldn't accept a payment when offered, but I will think of a means to repay this act of kindness and sincerity. Until then, cheers Pat. Much appreciated:drink:
2015-02-25 18.51.32.jpg

Pat's the man! But he doesn't post enough!!

Badass. Great thing about TH and the Arb community in general is there are a lot of really good people out there.

Reg if you ever need a new tip for that bar I got one of those old Oregon medium contour tips, brand new still in the package in .404

Very cool!
I think you can send the bar back to Cannon and they will remill the end for the newer style sprocket.

Very cool!
I think you can send the bar back to Cannon and they will remill the end for the newer style sprocket.
Actually those old medium contour sprocket tips were a better match for those long bars......a full size 2 7/8" radius with more bearings and larger sprocket for more strength and better cutting action with it's larger radius.

Yes very generous Pat . PNW loggers are a loyal bunch.

Dang Pat: You're a good man even if Corey's upset with you for not posting more.

Reg: You got 404 on that pig? Or was Williard just saying that he had a tip in 404? Are all Cannons that size 63 gauge?

From what I see in Reg's pic of his 3120..... sure looks like a full skip .404 to me. Wish I could zoom it in to see what brand that chain is , from the looks of the side links might be Stihl.

Holmen that chain is probably 30 years old. It is .404 63 gauge Oregon. I don't think they make that particular chain anymore. If you look at the drivers the # probably says 51 or some such. I know Madsens didn't have it listed when I tried to buy master links from them a while ago. It is probably full skip with a square grind that I put on it. Hopefully it will cut ok for Reg. The tip is a standard .404 as far as I know.

Pat, I kinda figured that chain might have been old Oregon .404
With a 51 stamped on that chain's drive link that would make it a .058 DL gauge chain. If yours is .063 then it would be 52 chain.
Here's a half roll of very rare extinct .404 chain I own. Oregon 50AL which is full comp sequence, full chisel bit ground, .050- .404 chain.

SDC12205.jpg SDC12203.jpg

Back