Grant Hadwin

Welcome to the land of chaos and havoc, raping and pillaging, sewing and nurturing...trees seem to be involved in lots of human activities. Cool you could find a forum discussing your friend.

Thanks for stopping by...tarry awhile if you like.

Thanks,

I don't rape and pillage anymore. Hell, I did enough of that in northern BC, along with cutting a dozen loads of firewood every year to heat my house.
Now I take the easy route, natural gas and electricity, along with watching the grass grow.

Life is good, finally.:thumbup:

Thanks,

I don't rape and pillage anymore. Hell, I did enough of that in northern BC, along with cutting a dozen loads of firewood every year to heat my house.
Now I take the easy route, natural gas and electricity, along with watching the grass grow.

Life is good, finally.:thumbup:

I logged for many years myself. All over Vancouver island and a stint in the Charlottes. Also a handful of years in the southern interior, where I'm from and live now.

I loved the work, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I could see the destruction for what it was/is. Part of why I left the coast. I did get a chuckle when I turned to residential work out of people getting so upset over residential removals where it might be like only one to a few trees removed in a day, yet no one thinks twice about the 100's of loaded logging trucks they regularly drive by.

I've given it all up now but still heat with wood, so I get some raping and pillaging in still.

Excellent. Thank you for dropping in and contributing to the story. It really is something important, all of this.

Cheers.

I have been trying for years to get a copy of Grant's manifesto, but the author, film producer and family do not want to release it due to privacy issues, which I totally understand. Sasha told me to try the newspapers in BC which I have done, and they all put me in touch with their archive depts. who were also not able to either find it, or never bothered to get back to me.

I am certainly not trying to violate the family's privacy concerns and would never try and republish the manifesto, or put it up online, but there are a lot of us here at The House, as well as elsewhere, who share Grant's concerns over the logging issues and could maybe "gleam" so useful info in the document that could help in today's day and age.

Grant was said to be "indestructible." He trained in freezing water to swim across that freezing BC river to cut The Golden Spruce.

Who knows, maybe he's still out there?

Attachments

• grant-hadwin-2-e1432526359871.jpg
    grant-hadwin-2-e1432526359871.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 22
Back