Welders? Any welders on this site?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been nice to cap off the ends of the tubing to keep the bees out. I hate bees, rather deal with a snake.
I want to keep them open so if I want to add stakes later on I can. It will probably be a daily driver so no time for them to get established. I buy my wasp spray at Costco in bulk.

Great. I thought you would gusset the ends of the basket within the material- basket area.
That was an idea but I figured I can add them later. I gusseted the middle rib with the thought that would keep it from rubbing on the wheel should it bend outward.

They help the axle to hold the load too, less leverage "in air" between the wheels and the frame.
Even if the square tube may be strong enough, I find this design a bit weird with soo much free hang. Basicaly that puts the load in the middle of the axle. I have the same feeling with the rear axle on the sport quads, just the shaft alone to take all the abuse. At least the utility quads have a solid tube around the shaft almost all the way between the wheels.

Ok you gusset nazi’s, I caved, I am cutting small inner bunk gussets.
Name choices:
The Masterblaster
The House Trolly
Sir Skids A Lot
Mr. Leonard Skidmore

If I was gonna market it, I like Iron Mule. Unfortunately, a search says there's a forwarder made of that name. Might run afoul of trademark law. Could go with Iron Donkey. It does the same things a mule does, but on a smaller scale.

6F8996FC-883C-493B-9038-D4D978423719.jpeg
Ok so here we are. I had to do some Texas MIG with the piss poor fit up that some other guy did. ‘cough’ And to top it off the inner shield wire was giving me fits like it was wet. Which is possible. Anyway it’s stuck together but the last few weld look real rough lots of spatter. I am tempted to hit those with a grinder but part me says to leave them as a badge of shame that only I can wear.

Search for some dual shield/outershield wire for your machine, you’ll never use fluxcore again.

You’re good at fabrication which takes thought, a chimp could learn how to weld with the proper filler.

I wasn’t sure I could run dual shield with my machine. It’s only a 200 amp MIG machine, 220v 30 amp breaker.

Back