Your greatest vehicle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Different strokes Jim.

My new Ford has a two year guarantee, looks good (for quoting purposes) easily affordable on the business, reduces my VAT (purchase tax?)
Used is the gamble, it goes badly wrong and you're fooked.

Well, seeing as how I am a magnificant bastard when it comes to fixing stuff, I dont worry too much.

I suppose living in the land of milk and honey might make a difference, but around here a new vehicle is a bit of a negative.

I have a friend that cleans carpets and restores houses after fire or water damage. He was doing pretty well, so he decided to get a couple new vans for his work.

His business dropped off immediately. People actually gave business to his rivals with old crappy stuff instead of him because he upgraded. I suppose its jealousy, or thinking you are being over charged.

Being able to fix stuff is a superpower, no doubt about it.

I can't speak for your mate, but a good condition newish work/quoting vehicle has never been a handicap in my experience.

Oh, boy. Things would look a lot differently around here if I was not a mechanic. I probably would not be in business actually.

I figure it saves me 30 to 50 thousand a year. After all that savings, horrible wife still wont let me buy a new shotgun.

For sure, it's like "free quotes"

They're free till you give the go ahead for the work.

A friend of mine has been in the automotive electronics field for like fifty years, he and his two brothers own a Nippon Denso service station. He informs that there is surprisingly little difference between expensive and lesser so vehicles, they are all basically pieces of shit. He's been saying that even before wanting to retire.

My latest. Purchased it at the back end of last year. Not my favourite... But one I have a picture of.

An old favourite was a Subaru turbo rally wagon with prodrive upgrade. Sadly I lost pictures of that one years ago.

b9dde4edfe00636667d16019a378eb38.jpg

1a0ebf22c6367e8d9f633201ab4700af.jpg

Rich

Nice. I like the intake on the hood. Nice and clean too, at least in the pics. I tell my wife all the time the biggest difference to me between a nice and a crappy seeming vehicle is its cleanliness. When it's spotless it feels new again, when it's filthy it seems like a POS no matter how new it is.

This one, pretty much beats all the rest I've driven into the dirt :D.

Attachments

• fawn jag 023.jpg
    fawn jag 023.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Jag top treated 005.jpg
    Jag top treated 005.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 45
  • fawn jag 016.jpg
    fawn jag 016.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 46
  • fawn jag 018.jpg
    fawn jag 018.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 44
I'd like this to haul my yardbirds to market...

Attachments

• 14117691_1383519801663027_7079295838596822358_n.jpg
    14117691_1383519801663027_7079295838596822358_n.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 44
You been putting some miles on that sucker B?

Just over 4000 in the last year, Justin...not bad for the niche to which it belongs in my stable :D. It's been right reliable and a hella fun ride. Friends are disappointed if we show up to a gathering in the Subaru or Tundra.

In the next year I expect to start refreshing the suspension, replacing worn bushings mostly. Still need to get the interior rear view mirror rebuilt, and replace a balky exterior mirror adjuster switch/joystick...minor issues. But all in all, it's golden. I'm having a ton of fun with it.

Love the Mazda, Chris. Wish we could get those here in the States.

Back