Your greatest vehicle.

They quit making the single cab in 2014,I'm assuming Kevin knows this,obviously you can purchase a 2door still. Just cause they aren't ready fresh off the factory floor bran new definitely doesn't mean they aren't available. There is little difference in dimension and wheelbase specs honestly.
b35ea41ae3e0f7d54a2fc08664862085.jpg
5067a562da7ebd2ddffb430030c576f6.jpg

030e8672f373d356633b2f01bd4f47d6.jpg
this is still a bad ass little truck,i like the mini back door and the fact you get bucket seats that recline,how is someone gonna bitch about that.
(I'm not the biggest fan of the current body style)

I haven't regularly driven or owned a standard cab pickup since the late '90s. And I'll never drive a standard cab pickup again...just too much sense in having some safe and dry interior space for gear/tools/luggage/groceries/dog/etc. to ever wish for a regular cab truck.

Full-on four door pickups, meh. Not for me, really. But an extended cab is right down my alley.

Learned to drive standard on one that was almost identical, Jay. Think it was a '71...great little truck.

I traded my 71 for a 44 mag and some money on top. Probably about what it cost new. Just a couple years ago.
I had a 76 long bed ex cab that never said never. That 2000 cc would just about pull anything seemingly. Body finally rotted out and some kid gave me 500.00 for it and was gonna restore it. Fun trucks.
I loved my VW truck too. I had the gasser and not the diesel. Man that thing would haul arse and handle like a scirocco.

most definately, what makes you think otherwise?

Or if you mean ute as in our domestic gm/ford v6/v8 variants then not really, one of them has a double cab but to the best of my knowledge the rest are exclusively single cabs

ute.jpg

I really do like the Tacomas. But even those are twice the size of the little trucks of the 80s- early 90s. But I think that tree that the little trucks of old were great, the mazdas, the dat suns, VWs, Toyotas. No frills just little work horses. I have a mazda now which is basically a ford ranger.

Dodge is the only one of the big three that offers a stick, but they derate the hp. Not sure if they offer it on a gasser. GM is supposed to offer the Colorado and Canyon with a little Duramax, but I doubt that will have a stick.

the coloroado with the duramax would be pretty sweet. thats a sweet little mazda. I like big trucks too but it gets me seeing all these people drive around huge trucks with nothing in them. a little truck can just be the best little work horses. The F-150 is about the stupidest truck ever because it can't really work hard and its so big it can't really fit anywhere. I used my old vw like a dingo I could get my little chipper into the back of yards with it, I would hook up logs with the log arch and tow them around town. I loved that thing so much. I had beefed up the springs and had a custom bumper slash tow package made. That thing got me started!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i8VfedhvXY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my first youtube video.

you'll see we pass a chevy 1/2 ton. that was a 1980 1/2 chevy with an old mobile diesel engine. that truck sucked. lol.

https://youtu.be/SrAV4H0FiEk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SrAV4H0FiEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>actually looking at my youtube channel this was my first you tube video. I didn't shoot the video, some german tourists did. That was a funny day.

You're right, I thought they still made a regular cab. I guess it's hard to justify building a model they dont sell very many of these days.

Think I read it here on Tree House that single cabs are pushed out by some Air Quality Target Numbers and the product line of a company getting closer to that by selling pick ups with more square inches of passenger space per amount of emissions. Was that SOTC who brought that forward?

Back