Veggie burger to save the world

Prime rib sammy for me thanks .... :)
PrimeRibPeppercorn_Detail.jpg

Any of you western types ever have a burger from the Whitney portal grill at the trailhead to Whitney . I have a picture somewhere.......gall dang awesome!

I live on Steamboat peninsula. Steamboat annies serves a barge burger that is something ridiculous like 5 pounds of beef. I get the Steamboat burger the good bacon cheeseburger plus ham plus a fried egg + onions and lettuce and mustard and goop. Not exactly gourmet or nutritionally the most sound but fuels me up for some climbing.

I had another triple baconator today. It was so good, I went ahead and ate the double baconator I'd bought to eat later.

Gotta take a break for a month or so, now. Back to breasts and albacore!

How in the world can a normal size person eat one of those triple burgers ? I'd have to cut that thing in two and eat the second half later .

Hell, I'm sure I could eat three if there was a reason. I've always wanted to accept that giant steak wager some places offer! I bet I could win free meal.

I'm telling you, I could be a competitive eater. If you'll notice, you'll see that the winners of these events aren't big giant fuggers.

It's a weird skill that I don't like to use very often. :drink:

Awesome, Butch.

After spending 11 days on a tiny 36' boat we tied up in Noyo harbor. End of salmon season, and I had a ferocious hungry. I set my heading for Carine's restaurant, right there in the harbor. I took a seat at the counter and ordered two Cheese burgers with the works. The full Monty, I told the waiter, "Don't skimp!" My order caused quite a stir. Some of the patrons in the restaurant, whom I knew, were telling me I couldn't do it. "It's impossible!" The owner of the restaurant, Dominic Carine, came out of the kitchen and told me, " Jer, If you can eat it all I've give it to ya." Dominic honored it, too, along with a 6 pack to wash it all down. His wife, Bessy, was pissed. Everybody else in the restaurant was most impressed with my feat, which still echos in the annuals of local history today. Being my car wasn't at the harbor I walked home from the restaurant, about 2 miles, stumbling a little along the way. Of course, that was from the effect of being on such a small vessel in the midst's of the sea for so long. It took a couple days to get my land-legs back.

Today I seriously doubt I could eat even one Carine Burger with the works.

Back