Pickaroon or skidderoon?

timbergrower15

TreeHouser
In the market for a pick for unloading truck. Anyone get the skidderoon from TS and like it better than a logrite. That cable seems useful but not sure if it would get in the way it maybe removable idk. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Leaning towards the hooker just wondering what size. I see they've got a 48 might try and wield a stick around that size and see what I can reach prob go 36 tho thanks for weighing in.

I've been using the 30" Logrite Hookeroon for a couple of years. I love the thing. I'd have no use for the skideroon, though I do admit that I like the design.

The hookeroon will extend your reach when working in the log pile. It saves a lot of steps in a hazardous working environment. You'd like the 30" model better than the longer 48" version. It's perfect at the slightly shorter length.

The Logrite brand is the one to get......no matter what length you decide to go with.

Joel

Peavey Manufacturing Co. Hookeroon 36" for splitting wood with the splitter and a, I think it's called, four tine potato ho with the tines sharpened for un loading the pickup of firewood. I'll get some pics later.

I made my own Hookaroon for under $15 and it's incredible.

What's needed:

Sledge handle (I opted for composite...can't kill it).
Long carriage bolt with nuts and washers

Tools:

Angle grinder with cutting disc(or hacksaw)
Bench grinder
Wrenches
Drill

I'd post pics, but website doesn't seem to want to let me.

If you've got an old 36" axe around, you can shape the head with a torch and grinder and get a hookaroon out of it. You could probably get an old axe at a tag sale for a buck or two.

Then there's the science of shaping the head's point into a perfect "barb" for good penetration and hold.
Sorry can't share pics of it right now as I'm about 3000 miles from home at the moment. Haha.

Back