Need some prices...

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
For my logger/carving friend

088 / 880 piston and cylinder
150 rear handle

Both not available in Oz apparently

Nope - Jan 6th. Another dealer in town was very helpful.
$488 piston and cyl, $15 for a needed needle cage bearing on crank or rod, $5-10 in gaskets. 150 rear handle assymbly $50. Plus about $35 in shipping from Stihl, CA tax about 9%. (Couple of days from Stihl to him.)

He said if your friend wants it we should have all info to be sure of correct parts. Serial no.s off saws as well as model no.s. (Is 150 a C or TC?) He said muffler and cyl gasket a must, any others? Also check carb boot for cracking or wear.

I will get the stuff and ship if you want. Shipping is probably a bit too huh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Merle,

we are looking for a complete 150 rear handle! How much for one plus spare chains and probably a couple of bars. Chains for the 150 are $47 here.

Jake, he got a piston and cylinder for the 088 but it was $1000...he's interested to know what they cost in the States.

Innit!

I don't mind buying local if the mark-up is reasonable for shipping and overheads and the availability is immediate, but sometimes it's out of the park ridiculous.

Innit!

I don't mind buying local if the mark-up is reasonable for shipping and overheads and the availability is immediate, but sometimes it's out of the park ridiculous.

Agree 100%, I can't understand how it can be so much cheaper elsewhere sometimes. Good luck with your quest

Anybody find a price for an MS 150...the rear handle one not the top handle?

I'm going to my dealer today and i'll ask about the 150 rear handle. I would think that shipping would add considerably to the cost.

A 150c rear handle is $499.95 at my local Stihl dealer. A new 12" bar for it $24.99. Chains are $28.80 each. Drive sprocket is $31.99.

Back