Ziplines

flushcut

TreeHouser
Anybody got one at their house? The fam and I are closing on a house today with 3.2 acres and it has 340' of backyard with a nice slope to it and some nice anchor trees. So when I saw that I am thinking ZIPLINE! The wife not so much, but ya'll understand.
I don't want something permanent so I was thinking 1/2 static line of some sort, any suggestions?

Seth is still bugging me for a long one. We live on the side of a hill and I could probably run at least 5-600 feet if I set my mind to it.
I installed a 75 foot one when he was smaller. Cable. Just drilled through a couple trees, set bolts and eyes on a very slight slope and set the tension. Lilly was really little, so I bought another pulley to hang her baby swing from.. Pushed down the line in that. She loved it!.
You just leave the line a tad slack so when they start coming to the end, the line sags a tad and makes for slowing them down as if they were going up hill. If that makes any sense. Requires a few test runs :/:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0Adpqg5Qy-0?list=UUcMO1J7CZBN1WrjqG6e3ymQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

British secret service video w/ad that asks you to chat about converting to islam? Took me off guard a bit.

Hey flushcut I have 150feet of cable that's been sitting in my shed for the past year.(-about 8 foot)
9x17 constuction grade,new?
Don't know if it will work for your plan,but if you want it pm your new address and I will send it to you.
Call it a house warming present.

:thumbup:good luck with the new house.
That's a big yard!!
I want to throw a rock as far as I can and not hit the neighbors property.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks! We got the keys at 4 and had the carpet tore out by five thirty with three sheets of subfloor pulled up. It has tons of potential on the 2year plan is my 48x80 pole barn.

I've got a 200' line at my parents house. I used Telco strand wrapped around two large oaks. I drilled holes through eight two foot long pieces of 4"x4" treated lumber, threaded the strand through four at each end then clamped each end. I put a turn buckle at the top to tighten. I've got two pieces of 2x4 bolted together with eye bolts with a hole drilled between them long ways. This got clamped around the strand near the bottom. It lets the block slide on the strand. Two 50' 9/16" bungees are tied to the eyebolts then attached to a large tree 45° off to the side. A Petzl tandem speed pulley is used for the trolley. The pulley hits the block about 2/3 of the way down, stretching the bungees and keeping you from face planting the bottom oak. It's pretty fast. The kids love it, and most of the adults do too!

Would anybody use tenex as the main mine? Just asking cause it's cheap.

I wouldn't if for no other reason than galvanized cable doesn't degrade due to uv light. Even the treated ropes will degrade over time. It's also not that much cheaper for comparable strength. You might save a chunk on shipping costs though if you are shipping the cable in rather than going local.

I would think Tenex would probably wear pretty fast. I had access to a bunch of tv messenger cable, slightly smaller than the 5/16" we used for most down guys, and cabling. I stretched another piece between two trees at the end of the run and anchored it to preform wraps midspan so the kids wouldn't put a dent in one of my trees with their head. The main line teed into the deadened cable (sounds more complicated than it is). If you know anyone with the phone or cable company, I'd hit 'em up, it works wonderfully and lasts longer than we will.

Thanks guys! I just was asking because it can be had for cheap. Cable is not really an option because I don't want it up for any length of time aside from parties and a weekend every now and again. I really like the specs on 1/2 KMIII.

Back