Lombardy Poplar removal - Oslo, Norway.

biggun

Monkey for Hire
Working in Oslo again and amongst the pollarding of 200 year old Lime trees in the city we have done a few removals. Had the go pro with me today as it wasn't raining too hard. Knocked this little edit up this evening as there isn't an awful lot to do at the yard after work.

Removal of two declining Lombardy Poplars in Oslo. We removed both trees with the assistance of a 55t crane. Quite a bit of deadwood to contend with but both trees done by 12.30.

2 climbers in the tree, one to set the chains and one to cut. It worked really well, no real hiccups and efficient, which is nice when the crane is charged by the hour. The boss was up top setting the chains and I was cutting on the first tree. The same setup for the second only an Italian colleague doing the cutting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/btwLJAzLn_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch in HD.

+1:thumbup:8)

Tell us a lil about that green loader

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheers, thanks for the comments. It was a team effort though, the boss probably had the most climbing as he was setting the chains.

+1:thumbup:8)

Tell us a lil about that green loader

The lil green loader is an Avant 520. It is great for stacking the wood and skidding small timber in the right situations. Not sure exactly how much it can lift but it makes the jobs run pretty smoothly.

WELL done work and video..love how y'all finesse and float those picks. Smooth.

Beautiful background with the church there...thanks for sharing that.

Ja, det gikk jo veldig greit:)
I would have preferred a Norwegian folk tune on the hardangerfele as background:lol:

I will have to take my new wife back up to Norway one of these days.
Even though I swore never to return, when I got a $1000 speeding ticket last time there.
I used to work up North, on Helgelandskysten back in the 70es, and really got to love the country.

Yes Stig, speeding can be a costly affair. One of my mates was out here and put in shit loads of over time. He was home a week when he got a call from the office as he was clocked doing 74kph in a 50 zone... 5000NOK fine.

Bang goes the overtime money.

Cheap at that.
I got clocked doing 65 km in a 50 zone= 6500 DKR

I'm still not over it. Still dream about riding my bike all the way up to Ålesund, just for the pleasure of putting a bullet in the camera that got me:lol:

The speed limits here are ridiculous. Especially way up north where my missus is from.

Shame really as there are some really beautiful roads and scenery. I can imagine it would would be awesome on a bike. A hog would be my choice.

When I get back to the airport and am driving home I find everyone passing me on the m25 motorway. Then I realise that I am doing about 45 - 50 mph instead of the 70 - 80 most others are doing. Then I give my head a wobble and put my shoe down. ;)

Last time I rode a bike on road I got clocked doing 52 in a 25. I wasn't even in a hurry. My license got suspended. I went to an appeal and kept my license since it was the only ticket in 5 years but got a reckless. Lost my business insurance since I was "too high risk" . Man it sucked.

My Buell lightening is still in the shop waiting for me to grow up.........

WELL done work and video..love how y'all finesse and float those picks. Smooth.

Beautiful background with the church there...thanks for sharing that.

Yeah it was a really nice looking church. It may not look it but it was in the centre of the city. There are lots of parks and open spaces though.

PCTree. Buell bikes look great. There is a Harley and Buell dealership near my house in South East London.

Good video of professional work in a beautiful setting. And my favourite Steve Miller song.

Thanks Ryan.

Gerry, it means a lot when old schoolers appreciate the work.

I grabbed a copy of your book a long time ago and it has been a regular read for around 10 years. Thank you for taking the time and effort to write the books and produce the DVD's.

Cheers, now to pack my kit up as I am flying back to London tonight. No doubt I will get beaten up by my two sons as soon as I get in the house. Happy days!!!!

Back