Ever trade work for saws?

Personally love to work for trades today being one of them. Doing a removal in trade for a 86 camaro. His deceased wife's car left untouched for the past 12 yrs in his garage. Should make for a good trade on my part.

I usually like to trade for cash or check. On occasion I can be talked into a trade. I get oil field pipe, 2 and a half, and two and seven eighths. I trade for sucker rod, old power poles, bridge planks. Stuff like that. A chain saw would be cool, so would a Camaro!

I have to be careful, I am prone to collect junk, er, stuff.

The phone company does not want a couple of joints of oil field pipe in trade for the phone bill.

The logo/advertising on our latest van was traded for by an easy takedown.

Saws I prefer to get in mint condition since those are my primary tools.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
probably should work on my bartering skills.. not much for dickering but this saw is at least in good shape barely used and stored well. fires right up
IMG_1136.jpg

I get offers daily here...
Fix my saw I trade you something for it. Most common is meat in all shapes and forms..
Often offered saws in trade for work. Fix one get the other etc.
Odd stuff like snakes, dogs, cars, scrap metal, household stuff is not that often I get offered.
Got a old cut off logging truck they used for transports after tractor when I delivered the wood on it.
Trading stuff if fine, but hard to pay bills with. I tried to send a box of moose meat to electric company, but they wanted cash for some odd reason I can't figure out..

That nice and if good runner bump her up to $100.

I take all kinds of stuff in trade for my labor on saws. One of my favorite is shine.

that saw will pay for it self or work or moneyor...
you know what I mean.
nice lookin saw the bar looks brand new!!!

Just remembered I took in the late 1930's double 16ga. Still shooting that one with my son when we shoot clays etc for fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guess I should give up on the idea of trading for that 460 I want. Don't suppose many homeowners would be rockin one of those in the back of the garage:/:

Never be surprised at a homeowner with a big saw. It's not common but I can think of more then one that buys a bigger sized saw as a compensator of some sort. They usually hate those sized saws after a short period.

I have either an 011 or 012 in the shed .Somebody gave it to Tom and Tom gave it to me .I suppose it would be okay for light work .

I swapped some firewood for a near new 009 once, major mistake. Easy fix, coil wire was shorting but I could never get it to idle. Gave up on it and it's in the shed together with an 012, it doesn't want to go anymore. I got it cheap on ebay "late" one night, not the sort of saw I would buy usually.

Both very popular saws, especially the later 009.

Back