There Is No Need To Quote The Previous Post!

esp. if there are a bunch of posts between that particular post and your post.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you check out AS, 95% of the responses have a quote/quotes in them. It really clutters the page, especially when they have pics. There is nothing wrong with quoting posts, just no need to quote the previous post! It's already right there, above your post.

I also belong to a drum forum. They will post pictures of their kits and for the next 5 pages you have to scroll through all of those pics again because everyone quotes the post and then say "Nice kit!" or whatever. Again, redundant and page cluttering.

If you're specificially addressing a post and you think someone's going to post before you, simply make your post and if that happens just quote the post, copy it, then paste it into your edited post.

Inversely, if you quote a post and it turns out to be the previous post - no biggie. Just edit your post and delete the quote.

When typed out, all this instruction sounds like a lotta work, but it really isn't. It might take 10 seconds and a couple of mouse clicks.

Butch, I've probably been guilty of this myself for the reason you stated earlier, fear that by the time I finish typing and submitting my post, someone else will have posted before me. The simple procedures you outline in post #12 make sense, and are much appreciated. Apologies for past transgressions.

Tim

If you check out AS, 95% of the responses have a quote/quotes in them. It really clutters the page, especially when they have pics. There is nothing wrong with quoting posts, just no need to quote the previous post! It's already right there, above your post.

If you're specificially addressing a post and you think someone's going to post before you, simply make your post and if that happens just quote the post, copy it, then paste it into your edited post.

Inversely, if you quote a post and it turns out to be the previous post - no biggie. Just edit your post and delete the quote.

When typed out, all this instruction sounds like a lotta work, but it really isn't. It might take 10 seconds and a couple of mouse clicks.

Just a 'lil bump.

Butch, I've probably been guilty of this myself for the reason you stated earlier, fear that by the time I finish typing and submitting my post, someone else will have posted before me. The simple procedures you outline in post #12 make sense, and are much appreciated. Apologies for past transgressions.

Tim

And thanks again, Tim!

Just a bump for those of you (MICK) who don't understand why I ask this... reread this thread.

Making multiple posts in a row is equal to quoting the previous post, also.

Robert, the way you always quote it will be easier for you to just keep doing like you're doing until you can cipher multiple quotes in one post. I'll just go ahead and combine them for you.

Back