Treeflex harness / saddle

pigwot

M's, Juniper's, Lowen’s, and Inge’s Grandpa
Safety Technology "Treeflex" saddle.
Only about ten climbs in it before I got a Sequoia SRT with the Croll built in on the upper harness and added New Tribe leg pads.

Now this hangs on the wall looking lonely. I ordered it from Honey Brothers as you couldn't get them here in the states, and with shipping and customs fees it came to $469. Essentially new - leg pads still flat; haven't really even started to curl.

Comes with a CT ring on the bridge and two saw snaps on the belt.
$350 shipped to the lower 48.
My waist is 34" to 36" depending on season and layers of clothing.

Treeflex1.jpg

Treeflex2.jpg

Treeflex3.jpg

Treeflex4.jpg

Pat, how does it support a big saw?? Do you need suspenders to hang a 66 off it??

Always been curious about that harness

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Paul,
It sits tight and low on the pelvis, and my smaller saws were no issue at all (not that they ever are) but really it is one saddle on which I have not taken the time to hang a big saw.
Chris Girard likes this saddle and he could probably tell you. On crane days I almost always go back to my New Tribe "easy chair" Pro saddle with the shoulder strap for the big saw. With so much SRT-ing lately the Sequoia has been my go-to saddle.

I don't agree MB, I have a tiny ass but with my Ergo-lite I can hang my 66 all day long without suspenders. Bulky saddle though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay, went out and hung the Husky 2100 with the 36" bar off of it. It was okay, you definitely know it's there! - but I don't know about "all day", Paul.
Seeing as how I have the saw snaps slightly to the rear of the saddle instead of right by the Dees, it pulls down on the meat of the buttock you might say, which affords the saw weight a bit of support (and my wife's statement: "you don't have buttocks, boy" :lol:).

I used to have one of those harnesses. Climbed in it for about 3-4 years.

Never had a problem with big saws exactly. The main problem I had with the saw was the fastener of the belt loop. During the course of a climb they would come loose. Especially towards the end of its working life. I suppose it is to be expected that clips and straps get a bit tired after hard use. I would have to tighten the harness up a couple of times during a big climb.

The loosening would happen when hanging a big saw, but then again it would also happen with a 020 or 44 hanging there.

Is that the one made by Paulo Bavaresco?
Not that it really matters, I don't know where you'd find one...

Didn't they come out about the same time as the Tree Motion?
Seems the TM took off and the TF didn't do as well.

Didn't they come out about the same time as the Tree Motion?
Seems the TM took off and the TF didn't do as well.

That is exactly what happened Bermy. Seems there was a war of saddles at the time and the TM had more advertisement going for it. I really tried hard to spread the word about the TF, but it just didn't take. I am still climbing in one, but it is on its last leg and I'm trying to find one more med size.

On another note Bermy, how's your shoulder doing these days?

Yes, I wish I had bought one back then, I knew Paolo and liked what he was thinking with the TF.

Shoulder is great now thanks for asking :)
I really put it to the test recently in Bermuda...five and six day weeks, lotta climbing, lotta bucket work, and it held up just fine.

How's your ticker?

Yeah, I don't do heat as well as once I used to.
Good to have you still around :)

Thanks, glad to still be around as well.

AND I just found one med. sized TreeFlex for sale from an arborist store way down in Australia! Bought it right away through PayPal

Well how about that!
And the exchange rate would be good right now too.

I had a treeflex back when they first came out. I gave it to an employee of mine to 'upgrade' his old worn out saddle. It was a good saddle but I literally only had it, an buck of some sort, and leather belts before that.

I thought the TF had a rep as a bit of a ballbuster?

Back