The Alpine Magnum stump grinder

So what's the advantage of an Alpine Magnum over a "good" handlebar grinder?

Portability, weight, rpm of the cutting wheel much higher. Goes places the others can't.

In short, there is no comparison.

So anyone else using one of these?

Do you prefer the 3120 or 088 attachment?

I think this will be my first equipment purchase for ArborMD.

Anyone selling one?

I bought the Solo power head on the salesman recommendation. Kinda wish I'd gone Stihl. Old monkey has it now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why? I like the alpine mag better (keep in mind I haven't ground a stump in like 15 years)

But just looking at access, the dosko can't go on a steep hillside (can it?)

love
nick

Not really. I'm not looking at steep hills right now....more like double park and blast a street tree stump......or set some plywood and try to get ip the stairs in the backyard.

Are you looking at a chainsaw capstan or Honda winch for pulling it up stairs, as well as other tasks?

No. I'm hoping to find someone who's as strong and dumb as I was when I started out....

Seriously, I dunno. I got like a little money and trying to put it in the right place.

Sean. I used the CS winch with the conservation corps. I found the shear pin for over loading was the weak point... but that was before I knew about mechanical advantage.

Have you seen the chainsaw capstan? You will have slip before failure. I haven't really used mine much, honestly, but I have a mini. You don't have to have a dedicated powerhead, but it saves 5 minutes of fooling around on and off. Roger B has experience with them. Compact winching power. About 20 pounds or less, maybe 10. Like many tools, IF the situation warrants it, its a life saver. I used mine to pull my chipper into a yard, saving a lot of dragging. Manual dragging blows. No worker's comp on machines!

Back