Official Jobber Thread

Yes, it currently sucks in the mobile version. Dont ask Nickfrombetatestgoodytwoshoesit'ssogreat!

I dunno, the new app on my phone isn't great for me...can't even access my client list. If I don't remember theur name I'm screwed. I hope more updates are coming fast!

I agree, I don't like the phone app for admin use. I could see it being sufficient if all your doing is running the crew.

You can still get to the old mobile interface through the website. I never liked that either for writing bids, but it's a little better for general use.

Over all Jobber is great. Have you all looked at batch sending late notices? Email or it will generate a PDF of mailing labels and invoices.

P.s. for those in Android look up type machine. It will save you if you have ever lost a bid half way through without saving it.

It's an app that runs in the background of your phone. It logs everything you type. Sounds creepy if your worried about it. I'm not.

If your internet drops out as you hit save, or something else happens you can go into the very organized logs and copy and paste it back it.

I get nuts with my specifications, especially on pruning, so it's nice to have a little backup.

How's Jobber? I read the reviews about the upgrade seems less mobile and less helpful....

Any problems noted amongst you all before I jump back and subscribe again....?

looking at subscribing before the end of the year...last minute thoughts about the current mobile app, etc?

Jobber rocks. I'm 8 months in now.

I only use it with my laptop....

I found the app to be odd....

And using jobber on the Chrome on the phone....the data seemed to not upload....So I just stick to what works for me.

I haven't used the timesheet part....just client database...invoices and proposals.

Yep, app was glitchy for a bit but Nick must've finally made them fix it Mr. Betatester

So far, so good.

There is a $75 x 2 referral bonus/ discount, $75 for referring company, $75 for referred. If you talk to a person, they can look up a company by name and location as the referrer.

They helped set me up for credit cards, which people in a second.

Way faster than a check.....but they take a cut for the cc.

I have my Get-up-to-speed tech support phone appointment coming soon. I'm curious about taking payments.

What's Jobbers' fee? I'm using Square, occasionally, now. Willie switched to some local processor for let fees.

Willie--- what do you pay in fees?

Jobber is 2.7% plus $0.30 per transaction.

It can integrate with Swipe/ Square for $5/ mo. I don't know if Square is 2.75% or 3%, but IIRC, its one of those. Basically, the same or slightly cheaper.

I'll switch to Jobber, I think. With email invoicing, they have a Pay Now option.

Just got off my Intro Q & A. Very informative and helpful.

This software is cloud-based currently. I will need to get on people's wifi sometimes. Our main internet provider has everyone's router as dual personal/ private, and a hot-spot. I don't think I'd need to worry about getting hacked out in the woods on a public network, but I might be ignorant about that part (any input???).

This is going to be a game changer.

Willie,
I'm currently using Google Calendar.
Jobber explained that its a one-way sync from Jobber to Google Calendar, 4 times daily, not real-time, and not both ways.

You said that part was clogging up your calendar, and/ or not working optimally. What have you found to work out best? Is it more of a problem when you have two crews running (not my situation)?

Follow up emails to client with links to Feedback sites (presumably my website and facebook, for me). I think this will be huge.
They also have a scale of 0 to 10 option.

Lots of good stuff. I'm stoked.

Sean, it would double up on my calendar and one of the events was a buncha gobble de gook so we don't use the jobber sync, just use Google calender separately.

Thanks. 2.7% $0.30 versus 2.99%...

Seems like the $0.30 fee will will it over the extra .29% quickly. I don't know the balance point without some math.

They can insert a "I want a quote" form on your web page.

I have been trying to get something like this set up, but not had time/ motivation to further complicate things. This is smoothly integrated to your Jobber client list!!

I got an email back from a customer that seemed to have the Jobber "cover page" including the total bid amount, but nothing that had the itemized specs. Maybe it was in there, and it didn't look at it right.

I'm used to having people's signature on spec'ed contracts, or an attached copy of the bid in the email thread where they will give a written 'go ahead' for the work.

I got burned for $800 after doing a bang-up job, with extra 'gravy' after the added-on work. I forgot a signature. She thought she should get $800 as a discount since I didn't use a crane when I said I might / could, and that its a consideration. I'd also said that the crane bill would probably be $800 (just a round number to give her perspective of the cost). I don't want to get caught with my pants down again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can get the signature on your phone or iPad if you are on site with the client. You can't get it over the email. Not sure why 😭

Honestly we never get signatures. If they email me back "great when can you do it" I take that as a signature. Supposedly a hand shake is sufficient to seal a deal, so why not an email!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had 3 people voluntarily return signed proposals on Jobber. They generally print and scan a return.

I love the Credit card thing now...paid quicker.

Back