Rope Runner

GemCutter

TreeHouser
My Rope Runner was delivered yesterday...so what's my problem? I messed up my arm 4 days ago during a climb. Something popped inside, damage was done and I won't be using it to climb for a few more days.

Beautiful day, new toy, messed up arm = use the chest roller for hands free climbing.:D

I got a quicky 40' climb in, the RR seemed to perform beautifully on Yale Aztec and the chest roller tended it very nicely while climbing. I like that the Rope Runner's bird does not put as sharp of a bend radius in the rope as the Rope Wrench does.

RR weighted (extra short sling and biner to raise it above the roller when climbing)...

IMG_20140907_164826_857 copy (Small).jpg

RR being tended by chest roller...

IMG_20140907_164628_015 copy (Small).jpg

Me likey. :thumbup:

The rope runner is da bomb. Got my second one a few weeks ago.
y8uha8an.jpg
zumada6u.jpg
pu4ezezy.jpg
a8ady3yg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The rope runner is da bomb. Got my second one a few weeks ago....

Nice! What ropes are you using it on.

My short test on Aztec yesterday seemed positive. I tried it on Platinum 11.5mm and Dragonfly (Fly) today.

Gave the Platinum a go first. With the adjustable friction bollard at it's widest position (as it came), I would "coast" too far when stopping from a fast descent. I didn't actually stop one time until I nudged the bird up. That was interesting, although I was coasting slow enough that it would have been fine to ride it to the ground. Tightened it up and cured that. I notice the uneven diameter of the Platinum more with the RR than with a friction hitch device. Don't think Platinum will be my favorite rope with the RR.

It performed nicely on the Dragonfly. These were only short 'first impression' tests.

After having sewn up a new shorter short sling, I learned that with my current saddle and rope bridge length that I don't need to use the short sling to raise the RR when using it over a chest roller. Sweet!

I also learned my arm isn't ready to climb even a few feet without the roller. That bit of foolishness set the healing back a few days.:thumbdown:

coming soon at the most awesome place ever...

Wow, Nick, that is really great news! Thanks for that hint. Soon we'll be seeing YouTube vids of the Rope Runner coming from the four corners of the earth, just like we do now with the Rope Wrench! This is exciting stuff! They are going to sell like hotcakes! Just like the APTA! :thumbup:

Tim

I dont get why people have more than one RR, and most of us have ZERO! Seems pretty unfair TBH. There was a guy on Facebook with 3 of them! Share the love boys!

Back