Bulldog Bone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just want to add that the Bulldog Bone needs no spring, and that the bottom arm adjusts automatically as the climbers weight creates friction between the high carbon steel friction link and the spine of the Bone. : )

xShIQRL.jpg

Sean, please see private message.

Another nice thing about the Bulldog Bone is, all the wear parts are easily replaceable.

Good post!

Competition the basic reality of life.

The Bone does work with a 3 to 1, It works well with a pulley above, and the Bone itself folds up to release, forming a radius curve on the rope about the same diameter as a hitch climber pulley.
The Bone works on a doubled rope also, but its primary design is SRT.

How much are they and where available? Thanks.

Well, I finally pulled the trigger. Just mailed my check to Gordon... Looking forward to finally trying out the bdb!

Hey, Sean! So you've been living with Gordon's Compact Bulldog Bone for about ten months now, if I'm doing the math right. Will you share your thoughts with us all on how you have been getting on with it? Thanks in advance.

Tim

Nice bump! I still love it for pruning jobs. HH is my go to for take downs, but the easy on/off really shines for tip work in spready oaks. It doesn't love pitch, but no device or hitch does.

I think it's a great tool to own if you do much work on decurrent trees, it makes redirects a snap. If mostly excurrent pruning or removals, stick with the HH.

Tim, can we get a picture of you or some of your work on the site? You're a great contributor, but it feels a bit impersonal talking to a faceless person sometimes.

I’m still gonna get one Gordon. Just need to wait a bit. BDB fund turned into a warped wall fund. Gotta keep the kids happy and since she’s not asking for an x-box, I shall abide

Back