HOBBS mod

If you can get a porta pony, you would be totally amazed at the torque it puts out. They even have a torque multiplier for them too, so they can thread up to 6" pipe. Even without the multiplier, it's enough torque to break your arm, hence the 2 foot long handle on it, and even with that it's a hell of a tug. It is usually used with a torque bar to restrain it (on anything over 1" pipe, and it threads up to 2") and the ridgid ones are designed to be used all day every day, just absolutely beating them to death. There is no way I would even attempt to just hold it and thread 2" pipe with it, when it would snap out of my hands it would likely kill me. I lack the vocabulary to express the torque that they put out, it's ungodly. Hunt down a 700, make an adapter for it, and you will turn your Hobbs into a crane winch. Here's a new one at home depot, it will last your career and then some. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0MVV1K_0Ju7YmWs0p4n6Hn

bump.

I was looking for a cheaper drill adapter for my GRCS, but it was for the Hobbs.
$65 it will be, and well spent. Hoping to get some use out of my GRCS next week or two.

Maybe Rich's entry into the house in this thread.

The grcs adapter is simply a 3/4 drive to a drill. About 10 bucks at harbor freight or Amazon, but you might need to buy a couple things to do it.

I was actually thinking of selling my GRCS and getting another Hobbs H2.

For me, I just love everything about the H2. I am friends with Greg Good and have nothing bad to say about the GRCS, so for those out there that want a GRCS, you will be getting a top quality lowering device that you can't go wrong with.

Reactions: DMc
I was actually thinking of selling my GRCS and getting another Hobbs H2.

For me, I just love everything about the H2. I am friends with Greg Good and have nothing bad to say about the GRCS, so for those out there that want a GRCS, you will be getting a top quality lowering device that you can't go wrong with.
HOBBS is a lowering device, GRCS is both, lol 😉

I had both of them.
Pete has the Hobbs now.
We don't do enough large removals to really need it, and I like the versatility of the GRCS better.
So the Hobbs travelled to England.

Back