"You butchered it!"

I don't know if i could re top this tree its almost to dangerous to try climb it without spurs it has three branches and then like 30 feet of secondary growth. Then the neighbor films me doing it and I'm Mr. tree hack. the hack who did it before is a drunk old Swedish guy and his company was called the tree doctor lol. I've heard stories of this guy dropping limbs on houses and then yelling at the home owner about it then never coming back.

South of me in Norfolk County there is a Frenchman who's famous for installing unplanned skylight rough openings. He removed an ash tree from my neighbour's house and dropped limbs right on to children's play house and swing set and phone/cable line, damaged all of it. My internet has never been the same after.

Meh, wear someone else's T-shirt, spur holes will encourage growth, next year you won't even see the holes..... ;)

South of me in Norfolk County there is a Frenchman who's famous for installing unplanned skylight rough openings. He removed an ash tree from my neighbour's house and dropped limbs right on to children's play house and swing set and phone/cable line, damaged all of it. My internet has never been the same after.

Meh, wear someone else's T-shirt, spur holes will encourage growth, next year you won't even see the holes..... ;)

lol that's a good plan.

If it's too decayed to climb it's a removal. There have been many times I'm called to estimate pruning only to tell the client "the only thing my company will do to your tree is to remove it, it'll cost this much, give us a call if you want to schedule it."

Just did a box elder and they can be brittle as hell the one I was in wasn't topped. Ran into a similar tree awhile back was topped 5 different times being that the secondary growth was topped higher then topped again was a Siberian elm .. I had to stop climbing it half way through the climb the other climber (porkbrick) finished it up. At that time I was ddrt and felt totally unsafe Jamie was srt tied multiple heads together made it much safer. This made me see the wonder s of srt and how u can gain confidence through techniques. But anywho still the scariest tree I've ever climbed/pruned. But if the tree had been properly cut and assessed from the get go I wouldn't of been so scared. You can only try to reccomend what is right but everyone knows there's hacks everywhere we go and even I have hacked things for money clients are dumb but they do put cash in my pocket all you can do is advise them accordingly kudos to you keep it proper

So i got the job ill be doing it wednesday just cleaning some of the broken branches, dead wooding then some of the really bad hanging branches over his house. ill be sure to take picture for you guys to see this thing.

I'll top trees and re top them. Don't see the problem.
With the right species it can extend the useful life of a tree in some situations by many many years.

Priced out 2 Manitoba Maples to remove for two women who had an obvious sexual orientation. During the conversation I pointed out some concerns with climbing and rigging in such a tight spot, particularly what appeared to be a few bad crotches. They stated they didn't like the sound of bad crotches, we all kinda glanced at one another back and forth for a second or two and then had a small chuckle over the conversation.

Just did a box elder and they can be brittle as hell the one I was in wasn't topped. Ran into a similar tree awhile back was topped 5 different times being that the secondary growth was topped higher then topped again was a Siberian elm .. I had to stop climbing it half way through the climb the other climber (porkbrick) finished it up. At that time I was ddrt and felt totally unsafe Jamie was srt tied multiple heads together made it much safer. This made me see the wonder s of srt and how u can gain confidence through techniques. But anywho still the scariest tree I've ever climbed/pruned. But if the tree had been properly cut and assessed from the get go I wouldn't of been so scared. You can only try to reccomend what is right but everyone knows there's hacks everywhere we go and even I have hacked things for money clients are dumb but they do put cash in my pocket all you can do is advise them accordingly kudos to you keep it proper

Bump. Our man Jaime saving the day with SRT techniques, maybe before the Akimbo was even a gleam in his eye; not sure of the Akimbo timeline.

Tim

Back