Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: "You butchered it!"

Just did a box elder and they can be brittle as hell the one I was in wasn't topped. Ran into a similar tree awhile back was topped 5 different times being that the secondary growth was topped higher then topped again was a Siberian elm .. I had to stop climbing it half way through the climb the other climber (porkbrick) finished it up. At that time I was ddrt and felt totally unsafe Jamie was srt tied multiple heads together made it much safer. This made me see the wonder s of srt and how u can gain confidence through techniques. But anywho still the scariest tree I've ever climbed/pruned. But if the tree had been properly cut and assessed from the get go I wouldn't of been so scared. You can only try to reccomend what is right but everyone knows there's hacks everywhere we go and even I have hacked things for money clients are dumb but they do put cash in my pocket all you can do is advise them accordingly kudos to you keep it proper

So i got the job ill be doing it wednesday just cleaning some of the broken branches, dead wooding then some of the really bad hanging branches over his house. ill be sure to take picture for you guys to see this thing.

Tear it up man! Telescoping pole saw is your friend i save Lotsa man maples. Sometimes it is the only tree for miles

I'll top trees and re top them. Don't see the problem.
    With the right species it can extend the useful life of a tree in some situations by many many years.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

Priced out 2 Manitoba Maples to remove for two women who had an obvious sexual orientation. During the conversation I pointed out some concerns with climbing and rigging in such a tight spot, particularly what appeared to be a few bad crotches. They stated they didn't like the sound of bad crotches, we all kinda glanced at one another back and forth for a second or two and then had a small chuckle over the conversation.
    Peter

TreeHouser

Quote Originally Posted by toyotadadon View Post
    Just did a box elder and they can be brittle as hell the one I was in wasn't topped. Ran into a similar tree awhile back was topped 5 different times being that the secondary growth was topped higher then topped again was a Siberian elm .. I had to stop climbing it half way through the climb the other climber (porkbrick) finished it up. At that time I was ddrt and felt totally unsafe Jamie was srt tied multiple heads together made it much safer. This made me see the wonder s of srt and how u can gain confidence through techniques. But anywho still the scariest tree I've ever climbed/pruned. But if the tree had been properly cut and assessed from the get go I wouldn't of been so scared. You can only try to reccomend what is right but everyone knows there's hacks everywhere we go and even I have hacked things for money clients are dumb but they do put cash in my pocket all you can do is advise them accordingly kudos to you keep it proper
    Bump. Our man Jaime saving the day with SRT techniques, maybe before the Akimbo was even a gleam in his eye; not sure of the Akimbo timeline.

Tim