Wait for the 500i instead.
    Deyr fÚ,
    deyja frŠndr,
    deyr sjalfr it sama,
    ek veit einn,
    at aldrei deyr:
    dˇmr um dau­an hvern.

General Purpose Sponsor Stumpshot's Avatar

Regardless, should become an instant collector's item.

This 36" dbh fir near Puget Sound had the original trunk up to 80', where two 40' co-dominant tops were, until the recent windstorm.

The homeowner is a therapist who had to cancel patient appointments last week, and is booked m-w, so yesterday I rolled solo, wanting to finish the job and move on, without scheduling conflicts, and weather was very friendly, so make hay while the sun shines, especially in January in the PNWet.

I set off with a full tank in my 193t with a 14" b/c, wedge, three-strand rope in case I needed to rig any limbs or the top.
    No rigging, climbed up for a small top 3.5"-4.5", wearing pole spurs.

Spar is down to 50-60'. I had a little gas left (I sharpened a few stores, but unfortunately didn't file the rakers, so slower cutting, less fuel 'mileage' than ideal.
    70 minutes.
    Power line (across asphalt driveway), cable line (orange ratchet strap reminding me of the alignment), power box and trees/ landscaping, below, partially protected with two sheets of plywood.
    One narrow car parking lane below (I very much squeezed my dually in, going off the lane somewhat). Some available green space one two sides, also, for cutting and throwing into the holes around obstacles, without landing on my climb line or rigging line.

Chipping mostly onsite, and firewooding.

Someone asked for pics of bigger logs. I had to strip this just below the breakout for about 20-25', pop a 15-20' top, and chunk it down, with a not ideal chain on a 193t.

This is the barest amount of more cutting over a perfectly-executed double-cut Undercut-COG-w/ thin-hinge cut. No risk of the hinge not being cut perfectly, and rocking to one side. No room for logs to go off the target. I cut some extra wood out of the last log to stack on the face-cut, as I didn't get it 'faced-up (without hinge)' the right direction and woulda hit the big maple down below, and needed to direct it a bit, which worked out fine.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190112_150141010_HDR.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	91860
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190112_134951001.jpg   IMG_20190112_144502199.jpg   IMG_20190112_142204977.jpg   IMG_20190112_140227489.jpg  

IMG_20190112_161057370_HDR.jpg   IMG_20190112_150146534.jpg   IMG_20190112_164552289.jpg  
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Lotta work solo...good show. Careful bombing apparently.
    Gary

That was a cake walk, Gary, honestly. These wind-whipped trees are more 'thin' of foliage than one grown out of the wind. I drug up and chipped those branches in about 15 minutes (I threw them like I was going to be picking them up), and another 10 for a bit of rake and blow (rough clean-up). Packed up all the gear, and rolled.

No employees to manage, just me planning the work and working the plan effiicently, without distraction or supervision (planning for the employee, delegating/ communicating, and ensuring proper completion/ follow-up).

Gravity did a lot of the work. Dinosaur-juice did a lot of the work through machines. I had some coffee, water, and a couple Clif Protein bars.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

I like that picker upper machine for sure. Chipper's are awesome, too!
    Gary

#TheOgreDon'tCare

#43YOandHUNGRY

HAHAHA

Nice work man.
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Tree09 View Post
    Nice work man.
    +1
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Quote from FB

"I'm self-employed, if you hear me talking to myself, I'm having a staff meeting."

Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.