Over the water, on the water and under the water

pantheraba

More biners!!!
We have several projects in the works at my son's house that involve his swimming pool. We have set up a slack line over the water in years past. We are in the process of building a 70 foot water slide...picts of that later. One of the pieces of the slide tubes we are not using is a "T". I cleaned it up last week and finally got it to the pool today..it will be part of an underwater playground.

Here are my grandsons trying it out today as we set it up. It will be a work in progress. Initially it was floating...Hayden calls that Parkour Island. Then I hung a 2.5 gallon jug of sand on the bottom to stabilize and sink it. He calls that his Parkour Submarine. These are just initial short video clips of getting started...plan to get some underwater shots later. We may put a separate piece at another location and have an underwater obstacle course.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NFIuumJHrfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3Nu96IZsZjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HQ1QUnDJ3nU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ds_0qbk3SP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rB35wof0V9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here is a video of the slackline from about 8 years back...Hayden is at the end of this slackline video...he has come a long way I'd say....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jVLehb0iOS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I got an underwater camera...the Afunta SJ4000. The video quality looks very good on my computer...but when I upload to youtube the quality degrades.

Then I realized the default setting for my browser was 480.

Here is what I have posted...you DEFINITELY have to choose HD or 1080 to get a crisp picture. I am open to any tips for how to get the best video quality.

Except I can only change the resolution when I view it on youtube...the embedded video does not seem to have that option????

Any suggestions for a software package that will maintain the inherent good quality of the original clip?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-aNXnVdkaMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I need a pool!!!

Ha!!! That is twice now...I think you DO need a pool.:lol:

Gigi...don't know about "coolest grandfather ever" but we can figure out a way to have a good time!

I am working on a quick clip of Hayden swimming...he is the star of the pool. That first clip was just simplest to do late last night...more to come.

And here is a quick edit of several clips of Hayden being the Star of the Tube!!! I'll post some of Landon soon doing "his thing" later...after I go to Ohio for the weekend.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/shPmvr2cjzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MB...the first video I posted is in a smaller window than this second one..on my screen I cannot see the right side of the above video window when it plays...any ideas?

I think that right side is where the "Youtube" area is...where you select to watch on youtube or choose the HD setting.

How can I make the presentation window for the video that shows in the thread smaller???

I just noticed an option when uploading to YT to choose the vid thumbnail size. Try that...or change your screen resolution, perhaps.

I finally broke down and ordered what I hope is an Afunta...on ebay, just yesterday. Seems it's a Go Pro knockoff, and maybe close to as good. The price is surely right!

Just don't post it fullscreen.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/shPmvr2cjzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know what that means..."don't post full screen". Where is that an option?

I did not do any of the vid posting via cell. I am in backseat of SUV in caintucky enroute to Ohio. Passing time.

I just noticed an option when uploading to YT to choose the vid thumbnail size. Try that...or change your screen resolution, perhaps.

I finally broke down and ordered what I hope is an Afunta...on ebay, just yesterday. Seems it's a Go Pro knockoff, and maybe close to as good. The price is surely right!

Here's the link again to the Amazon version. If you're an Amazon Prime member, shipping is free. This camera keeps getting slightly cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/AFUNTA-Waterp...&qid=1409340715&sr=8-1&keywords=afunta+sj4000

:thumbup:

Tim

So I got an underwater camera...the Afunta SJ4000. The video quality looks very good on my computer...but when I upload to youtube the quality degrades.

Then I realized the default setting for my browser was 480.

Here is what I have posted...you DEFINITELY have to choose HD or 1080 to get a crisp picture. I am open to any tips for how to get the best video quality.

Except I can only change the resolution when I view it on youtube...the embedded video does not seem to have that option????

Any suggestions for a software package that will maintain the inherent good quality of the original clip?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-aNXnVdkaMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey, Gary! As an end user operating on a laptop, and using the Opera browser, I can tell you that the embedded video does have the capability of adjusting the resolution. I click on the "settings" icon and it gives me the options available. Every once in awhile I need to decrease the magnification of the desktop image in order to get the right side of the video image to display. Opera has a slider on the lower right that allows me to do that easily. Another possibility (I think) is to hit the "Control" button on your keyboard and at the same time hit the "-" symbol on the keyboard. "Control" and "+" will enlarge the desktop image. I'm not sure if this is specific to the Opera browser, or is true generally across all browsers and platforms.

Your videos look great in 1080, although there's no way for me to tell if it's degraded from the original file. I suspect that YouTube may use algorithms on the files that get uploaded that preserve most of the content, but create smaller file sizes in order to save space on all of the hard drives they must need to run the system.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to share the underwater video made with the Afunta camera. I still have not used mine underwater yet, so it's nice to see what I can expect when I finally do.

Tim

Last edited:
Playing in the pool some lately. Here is towing the boys underwater. Hayden is super comfortable in the water. Landon has shed his life-jacket and is developing his own froggy style of swimming. He is getting very comfortable, too.

A message from Hayden is in the video, too...sign language underwater. :D I'll have more to show as I edit what I took today...some underwater workout routines Hayden was doing with jugs full of sand.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CNjbZyaE2QQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back