The Biking Thread

Andy...you got my number. LOVE that bike...the high bars make it easier to sit up and coast and enjoy the ride...not leaning over like SpeedRacer all the time!

And the rack and basket....oh yeahhhh. (See below...how my grandsons and I mobilate)

Attachments

• Hayden - Gary with AC cropped out (2).jpg
    Hayden - Gary with AC cropped out (2).jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0968 (2).JPG
    IMG_0968 (2).JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Hayden-Gary new bike seat-cropped  adj.JPG
    Hayden-Gary new bike seat-cropped adj.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 43
hahaha...I think so too!!

Love those boys..and they love bike rides. This is my son and his two boys...all my boys together!

Attachments

• Landon-Hayden bike ride_001.jpg
    Landon-Hayden bike ride_001.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Landon-Hayden bike ride_002.jpg
    Landon-Hayden bike ride_002.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 39
Very cool Gary! I'm still trying to get A J to learn to ride a bike, he just wants to putt around on his scooter! It drives me mad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great pics, good looking functional bike. I took the knobbys off my mountain bike and put on smoother tires, had it tuned up, good gracious it rides like a dream:D

Gary, are your leaves mostly gone down there, already??

Nope...still quite a lot of leaves here...but they are changing nicely so they will be fluttering towards gravity soon.

Not like I'm a safety nazi or nothing......just had plenty of friend bust there noggin when they least expected it. Many cracked helmets have saved lives here......

So you got a nice work out. Was it fun???

Whats the 3rd leg of your race, swimming? If so, hows your water game? Swimming is tough.

Not like I'm a safety nazi or nothing......just had plenty of friend bust there noggin when they least expected it. Many cracked helmets have saved lives here......

Funny you bring that up.. I went to fall a 80 dead grey pine Friday since I needed the tops for just a tad more wood on the bon fire. I proceeded with my straw hat on.. I felt ridiculous. Hammering wedges. I was "Stephen! WTF MAN!?!!"
I lived, nothing broke out. Stoopid what we do in a rush.

I proceeded with my straw hat on.. I felt ridiculous. Hammering wedges. I was "Stephen! WTF MAN!?!!"
Stoopid what we do in a rush.

So true. I think we've all been there. Maybe we try to get to a point where if you gotta do something stoopid, rushing, without the right safety gear or whateva, then we just don't do it until we are doing it right. "Take time to save time" is a good notion, and taking 5 minutes, or coming back next weekend instead, someday that could save a boatload of hospital or cemetery time

Resolving to do it right, safe, or not at all can cause deeper feelings of power and control instead of fleeting feelings of frustration due to the immediate momentary loss of time.

"Take time to save time" is a good notion, and taking 5 minutes, or coming back next weekend instead, someday that could save a boatload of hospital or cemetery time

Resolving to do it right, safe, or not at all can cause deeper feelings of power and control instead of fleeting feelings of frustration due to the immediate momentary loss of time.

Well stated, Cory...especially that last line. The mark of a pro.

I'm a bad man, I don't wear a helmet. Never had, we didn't have them back when I grew up, I took tons of spills and survived. I know, not the right mentality, but just the way I am.

I was adjusting my rack yesterday, I didn't like the basket up my butt when I was riding, anyway I saw some slime on the rim and around the valve stem. As I wiped it off, "Hisssssss". WTF? I look a little more and fiddle with it, next thing I know the metal part of the valve stem is in my hand and the tube is blowing out air! Never seen that before.

Well stated, Cory...especially that last line. The mark of a pro.

Thanks, Gary. I was thinking today about this conversation and concluded that the above is the ideal, perfect approach, always to be striven for, frequently achieved, but there will probably always be instances where the rushed approach will be taken, even if it ultimately makes poor sense. At that point, luck and fate take over.

Riding a bike up hills after not doing so for twenty five years, isn't training yet. It's more like killing yourself. Training starts in a couple of weeks. Good going, Ed.

Back