drying firewood?

My wife wanted a fire pit for her birthday. Twenty-four feet in diameter, with a fire pit roughly 3-1/2' in the center. We'll be sitting around it in a little while. Kids roasting marshmallows, adults enjoying hot coffee...and me holding the new grandson wrapped up in a blanket. :D

Looks great Scott...
The TVYFL bon fire is this coming Friday. Be fun to light off 3 plus cord this year.
Last year was a tad nerve wracking due to lack of rain and the wood chips someone spread in the parking lot.......
Just got bout 2" of rain. :thumbup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Scott , nice fire pit. Good to see you are investing time in your family. I need to do more of that. Just way too busy right now. Hopefully it will ease up soon...

County barn....about 2-1/2 yards of crusher run and abut a yard of slag to cover. And yep, far easier to maintain than a pool....:D

I am reminded of the old native American analogy of fires ."white man build big fire sit far away .Indian build small fire sit up close "

Al's post reminds me of an old Indian saying I heard years ago, regarding daylight savings time...."Only a white man would think that by cutting a foot off one end of his blanket...and sewing it on the other end....he gets a longer blanket".

So much for eco friendly on that kerosene heater and AC solutions. Why would you spend more energy drying the wood than the wood produces when burned?

Erik
Pro Cut Tree Service
www.pro-cuttreeservice.com

For the same reason we added corn to the gas at the pumps to make it cleaner, but burn a bazillion gallons of diesel to produce and deliver that corn.

Back