bridge options

5chnur

TreeHouser
Hello all. I have been climbing with the kolibri for a while now, and was wondering if anyone had ideas on a different bridge, other than the belt style that it comes with?

Not familiar with the Kolibri, but can a rope replace it?

Welcome to the TreeHouse, 5! Got a first name? Mine is Butch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Kolibri has a a belt style bridge. Cant figure out any other bridge style due to the connection points on the d rings. Thanks for the welcome btw.

Welcome 5chnur, I don't know diddly about harnesses, I just put it on and get on with it, I'm certain a photo would help though.

I'm looking at pics but I can't tell if the bridge comes off tho, but it looks adjustable? I'd like to say just tie your own on there but it looks funky. Welcome btw!

Hey man welcome, Im new here too, probably newer than you are... Anyway, without looking up a picture of the Kolibri I think I remember what that bridge was like. If im remembering correctly it seems that would be an interesting modification... but thats the best anyways. When I go to work tomorrow at the best place there is (TreeStuff) Ill look at one in the warehouse and see if I can think of any ideas. As for anyone else, feel free to contact me with ANY gear questions. My name is Ben and I receive all the shipments at TreeStuff so I get my paws all over right away. Love to help though.

I looked at the Kolibri toady and it looks like itd have to be pretty intense to have a rope bridge. The only thing I could come up with was taking the webbing apart, taking the D's the the bridge runs through out, and then putting it all back together with some rings, and splice a bridge on there. Or tie it, depending on your resources. Kicker is you would have to un-stitch all that webbing to be able to remove it. which would then have to be stitched BACK (unless you did some serious modification). Possible? I think so. I mean the re-sewing of the webbing could mean the difference of your leg loops falling apart.. no big deal... Im not gonna lie I personally would try it if I had one to mess with, Definitley a risk though...
The snaps are nice!

Back