YOUR Ultimate Job...

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I'd love to be a stand-up comic. Making an audience laugh and applaud would be an awesome thing!

That, or a SuperHero...

:)

What say ya'll? :drink:

When I was a kid I wanted to join the army and get into combat rescue/ medivac as part of a helicopter crew. I became a volunteer firefighter instead.

This is a neat question Butch.

If farming and ranching went to hell tomorrow, I would pursue a permanent job with the State of Montana in the Fire and Aviation Bureau.

The only job I've ever really dreamed about doing is logging.
For me, anything else would be a step downwards.

I always wanted to be a cryptozoologist but unless you're searching for something cool like Bigfoot I'm not sure how much fun it would be

Professional surfer with good sponsorship. Traveling the world to exotic places to ride perfect waves can't be too bad. Babes like surfers over greasers, as well.

I wonder if stay at home dad really goes well with a nice shop? Just when you need to concentrate on what you are working on, the child might need attention.

I should have stayed in the Marine Corps.

Our son completes his USMC service in about 3 weeks.

A few years ago, I had what seemed the ultimate job then, aside from more money. It was part-time work helping to find and measure new tallest redwoods. It included hiking and exploring off trail. The part-time aspect was nice too, so we could pick the best of the weather.

These days, getting into photography, something else related to that would sound good. Maybe photographer for a writer.

But I still like pruning trees so much, that what I do is at the top of my list. Can hardly imagine going indoors full-time to work.

Heavy equipment operator, mainly cranes or big mining equipment. Always had a knack for running equipment.

Besides that, maybe historian, always liked history. Anything that let's me travel the world is also good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually wanted to be an FBI agent when I was a kid.

I guess now, and if I lived in fantasy world, I would be wealthy to the point that I could travel the world researching and photographing cool pieces of abandoned infrastructure. . .

Heavy equipment operator, mainly cranes or big mining equipment. Always had a knack for running equipment.

Besides that, maybe historian, always liked history. Anything that let's me travel the world is also good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding crane op, it isnt too late for you. Especially with your brains and drive. I see no reason your name couldnt be on the side of a fleet of cranes.

A few short years ago you were in school and trying to figure out how to put a saddle on. Look at you now. Re-configured half of your fathers business and have done tree work all over the country with no end in sight. Dont wish. Do it. YOU can.

Regarding crane op, it isnt too late for you. Especially with your brains and drive. I see no reason your name couldnt be on the side of a fleet of cranes.

A few short years ago you were in school and trying to figure out how to put a saddle on. Look at you now. Re-configured half of your fathers business and have done tree work all over the country with no end in sight. Dont wish. Do it. YOU can.

Actually kind of the idea man! I plan on combining the two, and getting a crane here a few years down the road. That and a grapple truck. First step is some land next year though for a shop and a place to dump. Then hopefully a crane soon after if the years keep getting better like they have been. Everyone is old school around here, buckets and ropes. We're the only ones who will use a crane to do a job quicker and more efficiently. I know with a crane and grapple truck, we could beat out just about everyone on removals.

Back