Bird Watching!

:)

Maybe the little suckers find refuge in the dozens of bird houses M has built and mounted all over our little acreage over these many years.

This shot from yesterday morning.

Attachments

• Winter Snow Feb 2019 004.jpg
    Winter Snow Feb 2019 004.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 21
My property looks like that, too.
Birdhouses all over.
No snow, though.h

I had a really rare sighting today.
A Great white Egret Egretta alba

Those are seen very rarely here, like maybe one or two birds every year, that have been blown up from the south.

I've seen lots of them in the Middle East and Southern Europe, but this was my first and most likely last in Europe.

Seem to be overwinterering more often here as well.

Taken a couple of days ago.

Attachments

• 9FFEBE73-8498-46D8-A774-2689978DE536.jpg
    9FFEBE73-8498-46D8-A774-2689978DE536.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 25
That is it, all right.

I'm guessing that as the climate gets warmer, we'll see more of them.

Maybe Stig, or they’re part of a left wing conspiracy to prevent Bob from burning fossil fuels, it’s open for debate.

While in Florida on Pine Island, I saw an eagle's nest with at least 2 eaglets in it. This one with the "Eagle Cam" on it is nearby, but I've heard reports from the locals that they think the cameras and technology are hindering the eagles from having viable eggs & chicks.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JUCekz5k9E4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This other nest garnered a lot of attention 2 years ago when one eagle fell out:
https://www.news-press.com/story/news/2017/02/07/baby-eagle-reunited-parents-and-sibling-pine-island/97615964/

It's so good to hear the birds singing again.... they been hunkered down for a bit now.

Heard some thrushes today swainsons.... and varied....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha!

That is our "outdoor activity lamp".

I shoveled out the snow from the grill and cooked out there tonight.

For some reason when we are all out there messing around I always light the lamp.

I dont know why.

Sorry that I don't come around the TH much these days, but here's my latest. Eagle was low down and so close that I dared not get out of the car. Had to reach behind my seat to get the camera with big 150-600 Tamron attached and, minding the twinge in my shoulder, bring it to position. Shot a bunch. After a while, I eased out of the truck, but he flew off, away from me and behind the tree, so no flight images. But I have lots of recent spooning flight activities. Love is in the air here. Captured the same of three red-tailed hawks circling, and managed to fire off two shots as Mt. Baker came into view. Canon EOS 7D Mark II - 0064.jpg

Back