Bird Watching!

Colorful!!

I've added more images from yesterday's shoot:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157626533749950/

as a slide show:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157626533749950/show

A teaser
14220961524_754770fea4_o_d.jpg

Rog, I particularly like your in flight photos. The clarity of detail but still there is a sense of distance, is real cool.

Seems I have a few of these out back this year. Never seen any before.
I heard one call out and wondered, "WTF is that noise?!".
Pretty though against all the green trees right now.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m1pEoenXySo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That blackbird video was shot at Ridgefield, just north of portland. I've briefly visited it twice. Need to spend more time there.

Had these 2 beuts in the tree with me on Thursday.
image.jpg
Tawny Frogmouths. Actually believed I couldn't see them and when I was 6 inches away they started to look worried. They flew away but were back in the tree before we left site:thumbup:
J8)

Tawny Frogmouths look cool as heck.

Hi Jake and Mick. My name's Deva.

Last friday they sent me up a tree to check a potentially failed Great horned owl nest.
There is no nesting material contributed, purely some crotch, here they prefer previously topped euc.
Only found one cold egg. I brought it down for the ologists.

Also found a lesser goldfinch nest with 4 eggs, i was able to pull the hanger and still leave the nest covered.

Birds are pretty rad things to watch, especially if you work outside. It's a perk.

I make up my own names for birds. There was a brown bird with a red head flicking sawdust next to the mill the other day, so he was a Red Headed Brown Sawdust Flicker.:lol:

Flickers on flickr. Ha!

I did a google search, and it looks like some sort of finch. It didn't stay around long. It red on top of it's head.

I need help ID'ing these little fellas... they may be juvenile, not sure.
14095866638_5e5847f011_o_d.jpg

Mallard ducklings, growing fast.
14282521015_6aefbcb5af_o_d.jpg

These were taken last night, in low shadowed light. tough. Echo Lake, near home. I'll be back in sunshine... there's a Northern Flicker hanging out as well.

Back