Can't find it on Google Search. . .

bstewert

TreeHouser
Seems like you should be able to find anything on the Internet nowadays. But sometimes after much looking, I still come up empty (I know how the search is worded can make a difference).

For example, I have been looking for a source to buy electrical power cords (either 6-12' lengths with factory plug-ends, or extension cords) that have low memory jackets on them. You know what I'm talking about, cords that will just "fall-out" nicely when you throw them to the ground, without memorizing all the coils and kinks. I have a bunch of power tools that I've converted to softer cords over the years, but my local supplier can't get the good cords anymore. The cheap vinyl cords they make now are awful.

Any ideas?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone, good start. Low memory jacket is my term. I don't know if there is a term to describe what I'm looking for. Sometimes extension cords are sold with the marketing term "cold-weather", but ones I've seen lately are only a little better in the cold. Not like my old-time cords.

I got close with a suggestion to try a vacuum cleaner repair shop. Those cords lay out flat and straight, but the problem was they only carried 18ga, and no ground. I'm looking for 16 & 14, and of course, with ground.

Raj, I haven't heard of EIS, but it looks like a good outfit.

Some excellent power tool cable that I use in the shop often from everything from power tools to submersible pumps is part number/spec E47523 and LL26332 which comes up as a Southwire product. I usually purchase cord sets with a moulded plug end, in 8, 10 or 12 ft lengths from a Canadian distributor, but I'm sure with a few emails one can be located in the States.

The cord on my Festool saw is like a piece of well done spaghetti. I hate when cords get full of coils.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dave, you're saying the Festool cord is good? I only have their cordless tools, but I can look next time I'm down at the tool shop.

Back