Husky 540 cutting and climbing

I haven't forgotten. I've got I think four or five 200's with various 'issues'. But never had any issues like this 540 right out of the box, never not once. One 540 for me runs like crap has never been anything close to reliable.

So yah I slam it, I spent the money took the chance and the one (because I'm not buying anymore that's for sure)that I've had experience with I speak/type to my experience with it. If that pisses you off to bad. As far as I can tell from the small sampling we have here I'm not alone in having 'issues'. Maybe you get a bee in your bonnet if anyone has anything bad to say about Husky or your precious autotune. I don't even get how they can call it autotune if it needs constant adjustment or resets or updates and whatnot.

I doubt any saw is impossible to fix. I'm not buying a new saw and f-cking around with endlessly, I won't pull a saw up a tree many times if it doesn't run right. I've got a new 'improved' 201 now too as well as my old gutless 201. Neither of which have missed a beat.

My 200t's were pieces of shit. Cut great. All had problems that varied from not idling, starting, revving up.

Justin you still haven't answered my question , seeing it's on warranty did your dealer send it back to Husqvarna Canada?

They should replace the saw if necessary. ......would have saved you all these months of ranting about it.
Almost sounds like you've been doing some promotion work for Stihl Canada HA HA HA.

It would seem though from my poll thread, that it is still the most widely used climbing saw?

And by Willards theory then from your whining and bashing of it you must just not know how to maintain or set it. Lol.

Justin you still haven't answered my question , seeing it's on warranty did your dealer send it back to Husqvarna Canada?

Umm, you never actually asked me that, just stated that it should have been sent back. They called their Husky rep about it, and I never heard anything back on it after that. The defective boot was replaced, something else was done as it was puking fuel out around the carb area, they reset it once and I had it run like crap in the field again but when I brought it in and cut in some of their test wood it ran fine so nothing was done, and lastly the kill switch stopped working and that prompted it to sit for a month +. About sums up my experience with it. Last time I ran it with the kill switch not working you could blip the throttle quickly and it'd just die. Probably all the choking it to kill it messed with the autotune? Don't know, don't care.

Or two nice dudes playing at being bad.................

Weird, We have 6 new one's bought this year. No problems, they run better every day. Phased out the 200's as back-up saws.
Jeff

Man, Canuks are mean. Man, Justin's 540's must suck something fierce though. They CANNOT suck worse than the early, unmodded 201's. It's impossible for any saw to suck that bad. I'm starting to worship Reg Coates almost as much as Beranek. Truck + 201t= :rockon:

Hey us Canucks take wood cutting seriously, that's how we pioneered this big country....and still pioneering it .:)

We always had a Stihl vs Husqvarna thing. Husqvarna's came on board years later after Andreas Stihl rented a car in Winnipeg, Manitoba and headed west to promote his trunk full of saws.

But myself I learned to turn the other cheek and accept both companies....only difference is, I know which company has a good thing going with a certain class of saw.
I'm waiting for Stihl to bombshell the market with their first fuel injected chain saw:P

Mean? Damn I'll tell y'all the same thing I tell my wife and daughter, "If you didn't leave your feelings lying around I wouldn't trample all over them". Lol. I appreciate a feisty conversation as well as anyone else. In this scenario I feel certain Willard knows plenty more about saws than I do. But I suspect he's underestimated my stubbornness by quite a bit.

I would like nothing more than to give Willard a good deal on this saw and for it to work well for him and earn a lot of money. I'll pm you Holmen when my saw shop gives me the numbers. I was there this afternoon to pick up a 460 I had given up on and apparently the one who'll call the shot on what they'll give me hasn't looked at the 540 yet. I let them know I'll expect a number early next week. I keep them hopping around there too, I'm not known as the quietest customer to walk through the door.

It would seem though from my poll thread, that it is still the most widely used climbing saw?

And by Willards theory then from your whining and bashing of it you must just not know how to maintain or set it. Lol.

It was and still is the king. But the ones I owned were shit. I'm not saying they were bad saws. And no, I'm not highly skilled with saw repair. How did this turn on me? I just said mine sucked for reliability. Should I have said otherwise?

I tell you what...
They must send Willard the best Huskys and the best Oregon chain...
The Oregon chain I get local sucks
The Huskys I buy local Suck...
Since they donate shat to him all the time for his cut fest... I bet they have special batches just for him...... :P

;)

I would like nothing more than to give Willard a good deal on this saw and for it to work well for him and earn a lot of money. I'll pm you Holmen when my saw shop gives me the numbers. I was there this afternoon to pick up a 460 I had given up on and apparently the one who'll call the shot on what they'll give me hasn't looked at the 540 yet. I let them know I'll expect a number early next week. I keep them hopping around there too, I'm not known as the quietest customer to walk through the door.
Justin, now that I thought more of your saw.....I think I'll pass, it seems you running it has cursed this saw....kinda like the Exorcist or Christine.

Besides I've never bought a used saw before anyways.......and I always had good karma with my saws :P

My 540 is still going strong. I feel for you guys that had trouble with yours.

Willard, I read somewhere on another forum about you converting your climbing saws to .325 chain. You got some #'s I can have? Really want to try a tsumura 16". Getting tired of going through tech lites.

I'm on my fourth one. Two of them due to my mistakes and the third one I believe got ran over by the mini but no one would fess up. :)

It was and still is the king. But the ones I owned were shit. I'm not saying they were bad saws. And no, I'm not highly skilled with saw repair. How did this turn on me? I just said mine sucked for reliability. Should I have said otherwise?

You could say whatever you like Brother. That's the beauty of this place.

Justin, now that I thought more of your saw.....I think I'll pass, it seems you running it has cursed this saw....kinda like the Exorcist or Christine.

Besides I've never bought a used saw before anyways.......and I always had good karma with my saws :P

I'll let you know what they say anyways, just to tempt you.

My 540 is still going strong. I feel for you guys that had trouble with yours.

Willard, I read somewhere on another forum about you converting your climbing saws to .325 chain. You got some #'s I can have? Really want to try a tsumura 16". Getting tired of going through tech lites.
if you go to our TreeHouse chainsaw forum there's a 020 thread back a few pages that has those numbers and lots of discussion.
Actually I went back to 3/8 LoPro on my 338XPT, I'm running the new Stihl Picco chisel PS chain.
Very impressed with it.
Now Oregon and Husqvarna must get on board with that style of chain.

Back