Good Hello All (1st Post) Rope/Harness info.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well my ivy finally crapped out. I think the yellow xtc is going to get a shot. I'm hoping to try out a tree motion tomorrow. Hopefully it won't hurt like the petzel. Thanks for all the help lads

I have the yellow XTC now as my short rope. I decided to try a stitched eye because I have never had anything with one of those. I usually keep the Dan House Rope Sleeve on that line too. The entire combo has worked out well for me so far.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just about anything should be more comfortable than that Avao. If the TreeMotion doesn't feel right when you first put it on, remember that it can be adjusted several different ways. It usually takes a few climbs to get the adjustments dialed in just right, for me at least.

EMR, I'm using the HH for SRT on my XTC fire (sheesh acronyms!)

I do notice it flattens in shape by the end of the job, gotten used to it now. I don't have any splices, which is no problem with SRT, but even using my Hitch Climber with a knot, it was ok.
What I did do was stitch a loop on one end to tie my throwline onto so pulling up there would be less chance of it snagging on anything.
I have a length of Tachyon in Bermuda, but did not get the chance to try SRT on it before I left last time, this year the HH will come with me so I'll be able to compare, I'm anticipating a few adjustments due to the Tachyon being a bit skinnier.

right. 120' of XTC (2 splices) ordered from treestuff.
bet it gets here tomorrow.
freaky fast shipping with those guys.

i'm excited

last minute change of plan.

i'll be trying Samson BRW.

it feels really good.
can't wait to break it in.

Now.

quick,

TreeMotion (Regular or Light?)
vs
Onyx.
vs?

let the battle commence.

ps.
treestuff kicks a lions butt.

Onyx. American made by an outstanding company, and it's a really nice saddle. Done. Order one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

so i stopped by a shop that had the ergovision empire and gave it a try.

i think the rigging plates could be better but didn't see a way to swap them out.
the rope bridge felt short and the color scheme looks like a disney playland.

it did feel a lot more comfy than my avao but i don't think it's the one for me.

oh yeah, their list price was $389... that's $20 more than a treemotion light and $10 less than an onyx.

anyone around SE Wisconsin feel like letting me give their onyx a go?

I've been eyeing the empire as well. Rock the bridge is easy to swap out with a piece of rope and the plates can be as well like doin a liger mod. But if u don't like the color then u prob don't want it. The new sequoia looks nice I'm just iffy about petzl products anymore

it's not the bridge, it's the rigging plates.

i think the plates on the onyx are a lot slicker and would function better as a second set of d-rings

the color, it's not the end of the world but.....

I agree but what I meant was that u can take those rigging plates off and add your own (or use the ones on there) and turn em around and orient it like this with the large hole out to clip into.
image.jpg

very nice.. i was looking at the straps (not too closely i'll admit.) they all looked adjustable except for the one from the plate to the leg strap.

i really like the way you arranged your saddle.
thanks a lot for the photo. that makes me think again.

aaaaand upon further inspection, it was an ergolite spartan....

that's what i get for being snotty.

bring on the flames

Yea u will lose the little strap from the plate to the leg strap but that's the same way the tm and other saddles are setup.
I always thought new tribe to be a little more simple of a saddle but I never really looked into them. I always hear how comfortable they are tho, is it the leg straps maybe?

i'm noticing the lack of flaming. it's really nice.
this forum keeps on being better than is normal.

as for the saddles, i bought the avao before i knew any tree climbers. just on the name and the price.
20-20 in hindsight eh?

i wish there were more saddles in the area for me to tryout.
i'm going to have to pester this dude i know so i can give the treemotion a whirl.

Putting up your location in your profile never hurts. You might be close to someone, or someone that someone knows.

And for those who care to, the signature line is a great place for a first name, IMO, since we're friends here.

oK,

1st day with the BRW.

an absolute pleasure of a climb. shorter (40') boxelder with a 30'+ leaning stem over a house/driveway.

here's my 02cents worth.

i'm comparing it to Ivy & Vortex which were my two previous ropes.

it's firm and whips around limbs well.
it works the dogs bollocks with 10mm ArmorPrus tied in a VT (3wrap3braid) with a hitchclimber pulley to tend.

it just felt solid. i loved how it felt in my hands. i love how it gripped the hitch.
i ran it threw a steel carabiner for redirects and i could feel the braids working on the steel, that gave me pause for a second as i descended to a lower limb but i was tied in with my lanyard and so i gave it a shot and wasn't disappointed.

i really enjoyed working double rope with my vortex but the bugger would pick on bark and that bothers me plus i never could get the eyesplice quite right and didn't like the hitchclimber without an eye.

the ivy never felt perfect. i did a few months of climbing on it but it never turned me on. not like this 16strand.
plus it would get lost in the brush (black and green, what was i thinking?)

perhaps my new found love is just my mind justifying the new purchase.

tomorrow i get to prune an oak and i can't wait. apparently it's pretty tall so i'll probably be using my CMI foot ascender unless i get talked out of it.

It does have a solid feel and grip to it that I think I prefer. I recently got some bluemoon to use with the hh and I just can't seem to get used to it so I've just been avoiding it lately

right.

i've started to get some income and thus went nuts and got a new harness.
and the winner was......

Treemotion.
it's like cheating compared to the avao.

Unbelievable.
i got ahold of some more bungee cord and lengthened the leg straps then went nuts with the extra loops.

it holds my 201t well.
i'm gonna get the 362 hanging off it one day soon just to see.

the lower Deez are soo f-ing great.

i didn't have a chance to try out an onyx or anything else for that matter.
just kindof went for the gusto.

i'm really.happy.

Putting up your location in your profile never hurts. You might be close to someone, or someone that someone knows.

And for those who care to, the signature line is a great place for a first name, IMO, since we're friends here.

He is about an hour north of me and I would guess Oconomowoc Dousman Pewaukee area.

aye,
rock1 and rock2 were two setting on an old drum machine i got when i was a wee lad
eg
%2524T2eC16JHJHgE9n0yEYRMBQ1ol0H%252CuQ%257E%257E60_3.JPG

its just what pops out when i log into a site.
can't be helped

Back