August Hunicke Videos

August, yeah we are always using the pigtail. Typically we run 1/2"-9/16" Stable Braid. Sometimes it'll over-wrap itself, sometimes it won't...it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out.
Talk to Greg Good, it sounds like something isn't lined up right. He maybe will trade it out? Or something...

August, yeah we are always using the pigtail. Typically we run 1/2"-9/16" Stable Braid. Sometimes it'll over-wrap itself, sometimes it won't...it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out.

Bummer, no, that doesn't seem to be a problem for us although I must say, the guys rarely run anything while we are using it.
It would seem if you were in the pigtail and standing perpendicular to the drum it would be hard to overwrap. Unless, like I said before, there is pitch involved which can cause it to be grabby and take bursts of rope suddenly alternating between seizing and lurching, very dangerous as those shockwaves are thrown down the rope. Can cause an overwrap at the drum or if the rope is behind you, it can throw a coil right around the user. Heavy Heavy weights with pitch, seem to be the kryptonite of fast runs with metal drums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer, no, that doesn't seem to be a problem for us although I must say, the guys rarely run anything while we are using it.
It would seem if you were in the pigtail and standing perpendicular to the drum it would be hard to overwrap. Unless, like I said before, there is pitch involved which can cause it to be grabby and take bursts of rope suddenly alternating between seizing and lurching, very dangerous as those shockwaves are thrown down the rope. Can cause an overwrap at the drum or if the rope is behind you, it can throw a coil right around the user. Heavy Heavy weights with pitch, seem to be the kryptonite of fast runs with metal drums.

Very good points August. I will start recording when and how it happens to tract the problem better. Have talked to 2 other tree contractors here in NH who have had the same problem. This IS NOT a rant against the GRCS, as I really love it, just wish that I could figure out the issue.

Can you take pics or video, someone may be able to see why it's happening

We are going to rig a mock setup with different loads and film it to see how it acts and then show Greg.

Is there any twist built up in the standing end of the rope?
No twists at all.

My apologies August, I am not trying to derail your thread. As a matter of fact, I think that I have posted about this issue someplace else here?

This thread is not on rails. It can't be derailed. 😎 it's about subjects that are triggered by video. 😃

Train%20in%20clouds.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aNL3VUpVcy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did you fix it for PC BOTS?
If so thank you, I can only see it on my iPhone.

Yep...saw it on my PC...looks fine.

You have a drone now? Loved seeing the feller tearing it up as he sprinted away from the spar falling.

Excellent seeing how pieces can almost float off the spar as if a crane lifted them. GRCS is looking good.

I too, loved that angle the spar cam caught of my escape 🤓

Drone is owned by Morbark salesman that sold me chipper.

nice vid august
do you ever let derek or joe gun climb anything ,looks like your having all the fun!!
Then again they do have the grcs to play with now.
GOOD GROUND MEN ARE PRICLESS!!!

Love the Hickory half zip work shirts Aug!

Lotsa pros wear em!

Still old school Hobbs guy myself.

Dynamite stuff Aug.

Jomo

A little late to this party.......

We have had our ropes cross up on the drum too but it has happened only once or twice in the 6 years or so since we've had it. I know some people have had regular issues with theirs and I can see how that could be a serious issue.

For the most part, we don't bomb big stuff on it. We mostly use it for lifting and pretensioning the lines. Don't get me wrong, we do plenty of negative rigging on the winch but just not real big pieces. Maybe, Chris, your problem is one of size of wood vs technique or equipment malfunction??? Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back