August Hunicke Videos

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5PLJ7AfGcmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Always have. Just keeps it up and tite against the leg better IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for another fine video August. Definitely worth knowing about your forces and weights.

A couple of quick questions. What are you running typically for lowering lines with the GRCS? Have your ground men ever run into any problems with having a wrap jump over itself and lock up on the winch when lowering pieces? I LOVE my GRCS, but we are always running into this problem. Any thoughts?

BTW, I also own a Hobbs H2 Lowering Device and like the GRCS, the beast is incredible.

Thanks, does your grcs have the pigtails? When using 1/2 in. stable braid we've had no problems with it "over-wrapping"
I think the more you fill the drum up more likely it is to overwrap.
But we are usually using the GRCS when we don't have to run them anyway. Crank them up tight, drift them off slowly and ease them down.
We did have some major problems with pitchy trees ruining our ability to do long runs with heavy weights negative rigging though.
Couldn't find a happy medium. One half wrap too much and it would seize up, one half wrap too little and you couldn't stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine video August. Now I have to add the enforcer to my wish list to go with the grcs that's been on there for to long. Need them both

Ok, been meaning to check this out for a day or so, finally got the time tonight, excellent, a good explanation of the advantages of a GRCS.
Thanks.

August, yeah we are always using the pigtail. Typically we run 1/2"-9/16" Stable Braid. Sometimes it'll over-wrap itself, sometimes it won't...it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out.

Back