August Hunicke Videos

Just saying, some of the best advertisement is unspoken. T-shirt is a fun way to make a statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the critter you've seen them in their other form. Great big whitish yellowish grub in your firewood....

Cool vid!

Wow that was scary at the end when the saw was coming right toward the screen/viewer's face!

Nice how you communicated a lot of info during the vid, 2 birds with one stone.

So the zigzag is your go to Ddrt friction device?

How did you decide Brush Bandit over Morbark, both good imo.

What was your opinion of the no knot rigging rope, does it beat a non locking rope snap, which you already have 20 of, anchor bent to the end of the bull rope?

Ya zz. Love it.
It's morbark Cory. New morbark.
I've used morbark since 1992.
Don't like lowering with non locking snaps : /
Don't know why I didn't think of no knot as a non locking snap.
Perhaps because it's so incredibly bomb tough without a gate.
It's a slick tool for lowering, especially . . .well pretty much exclusively with at high lowering point.
One of the things I liked about rigging with a heavy locking steel snap was the weight of it. I throw it around wherever I want. This thing has more weight. . . easy to throw out where I'm going to use it next.
I also figured it might be a pain to mind two pieces but it wasn't any trouble seeing how you mind two pieces anyway with a snap because you mind the snap and the rope your clipping it to.
Climbing above your rigging point would likely suck if you dropped the "bell."Also, negative rigging with it isn't recommended they say. Makes sense that it isn't.
It's not the be-all end-all to all other lowering but it was nice to find out that it wasn't a gimmick.
I will use it again. I suspect it's a good system for a great many routine jobs.
Oh yeah, one more thing, not the perfect system for use with rings.
Unless you're not going to change your lowering point much or need to add ring redirects frequently.
I'm sure you know all that though.

Can't make up my mind which you're better at August, high end tree removal, or documentary vids?

Congrats on your new Morbark Chip Safe chipper mate!

A tree service owner who treats his crew like family!

Jomo

Thanks. Still waiting on chip safe technology to come in the mail from the morbark plant back east.
So I guess I'll be treating them like family soon ;-)

Fine video, August. Wonderful you got to work with such an elite crew. The dedication and skill it takes to do work like that is admirable.

You show many of us a part of the tree world we seldom get to see.

Really?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T-FVcQ34rtU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back