August Hunicke Videos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey August. I just saw your latest vid on youtube with the X-Rings. Loved it bro!

You gotta post that one here at the House so others can enjoy it. It will make a great rigging discussion as well.

Thanks for sharing and taking the time to make the vids.

It's buried a few pages back in this thread. . .

I used to up load video and music to my computer and render it.
Had a video card and an audio card that you could input the VCR or Tape into and make a file in the computer. Needed a lot of storage though. Then I would render and compress it to a size I wanted. Was not rocket science.
Might be harder now with Windows and all the copyright crap protection on the OS now.

August, sorry to further derail your thread.

Stephen, about 10 yrs ago my in laws converted their old VHS tapes to DVD by a small company. If I did that I could probably download the DVD content onto my laptop seeing it's got built in DVD multi DL drive recorder then setup a YouTube account.
I also have a 2 year old Panasonic DVD Blue ray disc player with built in VHS player, I could probably convert VHS over to DVD with that. I just have to get the instructions out:?

Not just, actually, I made it up a couple days ago when on a different forum. You can use it but you have to give me credit for it the first three times.

Stig: Exactly! :lol:

August: Speaking of a derail... I should have guessed that you were in Grants. Spent about six months in Gold Hell, (Hill) myself. Btw, would you happen to know Willie (SOTC on the treehouse, which is an acronym for Southern Oregon Tree Care). Anyway, he employed me for a couple days. One of the most upstanding men I have ever met. Also, speaking of upstanding men: would you happen to know Clarence Wangle, of Beaver tree service, or Irish Joe Brophy? Both are gentlemen of the first rank. They employed me for about six months. Clarence, and Willie are also Believers, along with us.

I know none of them well but have a reputation-based respect of them, especially Willie. My current chip truck is Willie's old Chevy 1 ton with beautiful custom box built by him.

Stig: Exactly! :lol:

August: Speaking of a derail... I should have guessed that you were in Grants. Spent about six months in Gold Hell, (Hill) myself. Btw, would you happen to know Willie (SOTC on the treehouse, which is an acronym for Southern Oregon Tree Care). Anyway, he employed me for a couple days. One of the most upstanding men I have ever met. Also, speaking of upstanding men: would you happen to know Clarence Wangle, of Beaver tree service, or Irish Joe Brophy? Both are gentlemen of the first rank. They employed me for about six months. Clarence, and Willie are also Believers, along with us.

Haven't heard of Brophy.

Just watched the vid in the first post, very well edited! Well chosen soundtrack as well. Looking forward to the next one.

Hopefully you'll meet Irish Joe pretty soon. He does a lot of traveling, but I'm pretty sure that he's still Clarence's main climber. One of the best climbers I've ever worked with. He was way ahead of the curve on SRT.

A few of my thoughts on one-handing a chainsaw. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4npBr6Sm_Jo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Outstanding!

I used caddy pads for years until I discovered angled steel shin cup pads. The angle makes all the difference in the world: I gave my caddys away. I'm looking at these as a replacement.

Check this out - someone photoshopped me!!! I would never do this!

(lol)

Attachments

• elm tree 041 (Small).jpg
    elm tree 041 (Small).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 81
Back