Page 5 of 395 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: August Hunicke Videos

TreeHouser Sponsor August Hunicke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
    There's a former Natnl climbing champ name of Jim Harris that lives in Grants Pass August.

Wouldn't happen to know him would yu?

Very fast in his day.

Your vid production talents really shine through mate.

Jomo
    Thanks Jomo. I've met him. He taught me how to splice 16 strand for split-tails years ago.

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

Great vids, August, but the only thing i see wrong with them is that they are so good, you set a very high standard for yourself. You might need to get funding to keep topping yourself, maybe a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts....seriously! Much more worthy compared to some of the pissy stuff that they give money to, imo.
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

If yu see him about August, tell him Jon said hey and wants to know if he's sill got his old Plymouth Cuda?

He spent a week at my home back in the 90's when he was younger n quicker runnin about in that ancient Cuda!

Good times!

Jomo

Quote Originally Posted by woodworkingboy View Post
    Great vids, August, but the only thing i see wrong with them is that they are so good, you set a very high standard for yourself. You might need to get funding to keep topping yourself, maybe a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts....seriously! Much more worthy compared to some of the pissy stuff that they give money to, imo.
    Man, I hear that! Takes a LOT of time and effort to produce a decent product. I feel both guilty and exhilarated when I'm working on a video. Guilty for all the time it takes but completely consumed with the whole process. I figure if I work that hard on a subject that I'm naturally gifted in, then it will open doors at some point. I'll pour over it open doors or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
    If yu see him about August, tell him Jon said hey and wants to know if he's sill got his old Plymouth Cuda?

He spent a week at my home back in the 90's when he was younger n quicker runnin about in that ancient Cuda!

Good times!

Jomo
    I hope he's ok.

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

Fun stuff, August.
    You do such a great editing job, that you manage to make all the boring stuff that we do for a living seem like something out of Hollywood.
    Deyr fÚ,
    deyja frŠndr,
    deyr sjalfr it sama,
    ek veit einn,
    at aldrei deyr:
    dˇmr um dau­an hvern.

Thanks Stig. Yeah, Hollywood has nothing on us cutters though. We do all our own stunts.

I think this is one of my favorite videos. I did this one about ten months ago, before I new the value of HD and many other camera tricks. A lot of cell phone cam shots in here.

The story behind the vid is that, I showed up there in the morning just to orient the guys to the job and then go bidding (hence the white shirt). I soon learned that they were standoffish about falling them whole and planned on climbing most of them. In the interest of the guarding the profit of the contractor who sold the job, I went to work. The guy's and even the homeowner were razzing me about the white shirt, so I said,
    "Yeah, all I need now is a tie."
    Homeowner went in and got me one. Everybody there loved it so much I dreamed up the concept of my subsequent video, "American Tree Man."
    He let me keep the tie. It's hanging in my shop.

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

Nice trees go boom! i defer to more confidence, but I think I would have moved the truck at four minutes.
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

Nice vids. I liked the one about tying a bowline fast too. I can tie a bowline around myself fast, with gloves on, eyes closed. But it is about the only knot I have memorized at this point.

It was explained to me that if I fall through the floor in a house fire, the boys may be able to lower a rope to me and get me out in time if I can tie a bowline around myself in complete darkness.
    There are but two seasons. Winter, and preparing for winter.
    Jim